• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1010 owner from North TX

DirtyDave

I call it "Big Bird" haha
Picked this Ambulance up last weekend and drove it home from up in OK.
4900 original miles. Broke the 5k mark on the way home. USFWS Painted it Yellow and had it for a Search and Rescue truck.
6" Rough Country lift and 37" tires.
I'm going to build out the box and make it a little Camper. I hunt Hogs with Dogs and will build in some dog compartments under the bunks. They will be riding in style.
Not sure whether to paint it back to ODG or leave the yellow. Its kinda growing on me and its definitely and attention getter lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

DirtyDave

Once I fix the issues with the lift, I'll be looking at doing a 4l80e swap and maybe a turbo
After looking more into it, I'll be putting on a Gear Vendors OD instead of doing the 4l80e swap. Bolt it on, make a new Driveshaft and go!
A lot less work than swapping out a perfectly good TH400

I probably will never turbo this 6.2 either. Maybe way down the road I'll do an LS swap. 6.0 or 6.2 LS would be real nice. Or maybe a Duramax!