• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M109 owner in NE Ohio

Dixon77

Hi all

I just got a '72 Deuce with an M109 van body. Drove it home and can't wait to dive in. It has an unknown maintenance history so I'm guessing it hasn't had an oil change in years. Or any thing else. Didn't stop from making a 4hr non stop drive home

Looking forward to the build!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all

I just got a '72 Deuce with an M109 van body. Drove it home and can't wait to dive in. It has an unknown maintenance history so I'm guessing it hasn't had an oil change in years. Or any thing else. Didn't stop from making a 4hr non stop drive home

Looking forward to the build!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Driving it home makes it a really good truck for sure. Give her a little TLC with some fresh oil and filters. The LO (Lube Order) is posted as are the other TM's (Technical Manuals) are here for you to download.

Again, welcome to the group - and punch us up a few more pictures when you have a chance.

Dixon77

Alright, so
After an hour or so of power washing, it's basically a different color.
The story I was told by the PO was it sat in the woods for years and was used to store firewood. So he put some diesel in it, some batteries, and drove it 8hrs straight from Tennessee to southern Ohio.
This thing was covered in algae and I'm guessing mold. So now it's tan.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, so
After an hour or so of power washing, it's basically a different color.
The story I was told by the PO was it sat in the woods for years and was used to store firewood. So he put some diesel in it, some batteries, and drove it 8hrs straight from Tennessee to southern Ohio.
This thing was covered in algae and I'm guessing mold. So now it's tan.
Looks really sharp for sure!
You definitely have a nice vehicle.
It would be a nice place to sleep out in the woods!

AND thanks for the extra pictures!

ToddJK

That is definitely a nice truck! The M109 is originally what I wanted but at the time when I was looking, there weren't any available that I found. As an outdoorsman, the M109's are great for RV conversions. As a prepper, it can serve as a mobilized home, command center, ect.
So many things one can do with that van body. While the camo job is a bit odd, it's different, and it's definitely unique vs the typical solid color or 3 color camo we are used to seeing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks