• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M109A3 Owner

klmiller37

Greetings to all! I am a new owner of a Deuce and wanted to say hello. I picked it up in Winchester, TN and drove it 613 miles home. What a drive! Pulled it started, bought new batteries and after finally figuring out how the switches worked, got power to it and got it to start on its own. Ended up developing an oil leak at the rear of the engine, probably rear main but as long as I kept the rpm's down I was able to keep it out of the clutch. Had rain most of the way and the wipers even worked. Very happy and look forward playing with it. It will be my all terrain camper for the beach.

Kevin

wsucougarx

Congrats. Do you have any pics of your new acquisition? If there's one thing I've really learned about being part of SS, they like PICS:wink:! I see your avatar, any more?

klmiller37

I have just a couple more that was on GL when I bought it. I just got home yesterday and had to turn around and drive to Miami which is where I'm at now. I'll post more as I inspect it and get it fixed up. Thanks.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the pics off of GL when it was auctioned. I plan on doing it up as a camper for the beach. I sure am glad it had the updated seats in it for the long drive home. I'll add pics as I go.
GL?? You mean GSA??

zout

a little late - but welcome to the site - great pics and keep us updated with your conversions (or letting it sink into the ocean on your beach run)

bigdog12

Thats a pretty good looking truck,saw it on the GL site a while back gov must have loaned a few out .I think there were a couple more,but rough.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting truck for sure. Since you had to fumble and figure out the switches, figured I'd send you to the resource section. Click the resource tab at the top, scroll down to Tech Manuals and click that. Scroll through there until you get to TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20. Right click on each and save to your puter. These are the operators and unit maintenance manuals for your truck. Study them as often as you can to familiarize yourself. Also of PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE!!!! Know where the master cylinder is and how to check the fluid. One leak and the entire brake system crashes!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks