• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35A3 Questions

Skycop

Skycop,

Did you ever figure out why you were not getting power to the CTIS. A friend of mine has the same problem.

Jim
No, although we have started to diagnose that problem now that we got the starter fixed. We are following the steps as mentioned in this post (testing leads) and then working our way through the different tests suggested in the TM. I will keep you posted.

Skycop

Grant, my apologies. It turned out to be the starter relay. Our original one was faulty, and upon replacing with the new one, the "bumper" on top of the relay was on the wrong post and we wired it up backwards which forced the problem from an intermittent to continuous! Swapped the bumper and connection wire on the top and she fired right up.

When the pulled the starter anyway and ended up checking out just fine. Vehicle is running great.

Skycop

CTIS UPDATE:

We started working on the CTIS today to see where the problem was/is. We have followed the TMs and have found no power running to the #9 pin on the controller head, however, there is the required 24 volts to the #27 pin/wire that connects the manifold wiring harness to the CTIS computer/control box.

As such, we have a couple of questions:

#1 The book calls for 24 volts at the #27 wire and only 10-15 volts at the #9 pin. Am I missing something, or is there a resistor or something in between the two to knock down the voltage? (answer to this question directly affects the next question).

#2 Is it possible to wire a "jumper" from the #27 pin (manifold harness)directly to the #9 pin (control box)? Our rationale behind this is that all of the wires are in a tight bundle/group and I don't see the need to rip all of that a part to fix one wire...if that is the case.

Any help and/or insights would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, our flashing lights should begin to be installed this week along with our remote spotlight. Decals and such are soon to come as well! :) Pics will follow...don't worry! :)

MATT

Rumor- I did hear that the DRMO's were removing the fuses on the CTIS systems.

You are better off removing the entire CTIS system, that's what we are doing with all of our fire trucks... You are going to have flat tires on an incident, or never get to it!

AceHigh

Skycop, I just replaced the control head on my CTIS. It was getting power but no activity. Turned out a very small surface mounted resistor was burned out. New one is fine.

Interestingly, I have some trouble shooting to do on the air system. My dryer (I think) vents often dropping the air like your Air O Matic video, but it does it about every 20 seconds even with the truck just idling and no steering activity. It is a learning curve!

I do not think there is a fuse on the CTIS. If there were, maybe I would not have a burned resistor!

tigerplayer70

Hey guys, I am wondering, is there much of a difference in the cab size between the A2 and A3 ? I would like to own a duce but I am a 6'7'' 340 pound guy. I was looking at some up in PA today and me sitting in the cab of an A2 was like stuffing a cat down a toilet. I am hoping the seat on an A3 can go back another foot or so, what ya think ?

Hey guys, I am wondering, is there much of a difference in the cab size between the A2 and A3 ? I would like to own a duce but I am a 6'7'' 340 pound guy. I was looking at some up in PA today and me sitting in the cab of an A2 was like stuffing a cat down a toilet. I am hoping the seat on an A3 can go back another foot or so, what ya think ?
No such luck. The best that I can tell, my A3 cab is identical to the A2. The only difference in size is that my hood has been made both wider and longer--just two added strips of tin pop riveted to it in a "T" pattern. Sorry to have the bad news. You could only get a couple more inches by removing the foam from the seat. That would not make for a fun ride.

velociT

Might have to find a 5-ton or modify the seat.

tigerplayer70

That is what I figured, I thought that I could cut out the back of the cab, and extend it out by 12-24'' with sheet metal and then weld and paint it all back together. I would have to take out some of the bed though. I guess I need to look in the Duce modification and hot-rod section now !!

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks