• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35A3c W/W

Tranham

First off, no pictures until this weekend. Picked up at Ft Campbell but came out of TN National Guard in Nashville where we previewed it. First EUC came trough in 8 working days. Serial number is 504100 range and have found several dates around May 1998. Engine is dated 1993 though. Came with a locked locker which was full of new tools, chocks, jack, spill kit, hazard triangles, air hose, etc. Bows were in the back on floor with ft/rear curtains and top. Included troop seats. Mileage was 4000 and looks super clean, more so underneath since it has been sitting outside for 10 years. It ran fine up to 55 except for a vibrating tire that came and went at high speeds. The down side was that on the way home one of the batteries exploded on the 50 mile trip back. Bad cell, just made a loud pop. The worse news is that the CTIS was working until that happened. Now it won't turn on. Is there a fuse? It may be trash now but we understood how reliable it has been in service.

My favorite upgrade of the A3 has to be the muffler. It is so quiet in the cab compared to the earlier trucks.

This is actually my Dad's truck but I am helping him out. I have several WWII vehicles and Dad has owned a M151a1 ad 2 M37's.

Robert Nitsche

Tranham

Here are the pictures. We had the left tires switched so that they would be facing the right direction on Sat.

Robert

Attachments

Tranham

CTIS went dead when battery blew up (see first post). Winch is working but the guage to measure if the filter is clean is messed up with water in it. We are still getting a vibration at high speeds that comes and goes. Lots of power, which is nice. The tarp that came with it is junk so I am looking to get a NOS one at the MVPA show maybe? I would like to find the A-frame winch kit that the manual shows also.

Robert

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks