• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M813

M215

Drove our new M813 home from Chambersburg today, all went well 165 miles / 4 hr. Only real problem was the wipers crapped out, rained as usual and no emergency brake. Nice surprise was found in the locked tool box, also included but not shown was a fire extinguisher and a glad hand tire inflator hose.

The two M105 trailers are super clean, just have to figure out how to unload the one.

Contract date on dash plate is 06-69, does that mean the truck was produced in 1969?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Close on the contract date. The contract date is the date when the entire contract was approved for the manufacturer to make the trucks. It usually is the same year, or slightly before, the actual date of make of the vehicle.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good-I really like the 809 series trucks.

Congratulations

M215

M813

The data plate shows this truck as a XM813 and it is not a drop side (A1) so it is an early production, D. Doyle's book states production started in 1970
Were else could I find clues of the actual production date?
Thanks, Karl

TacticalTruck

RE: New 813

check the date stamped in the wheels, i've found that fairly accurate. i must have just missed you. there's another thread on the trailers up there. how did they get the trailer into the back of the truck?
jeff

M215

Loaded M105

Hello Jeff,
I'll check the wheels and drive train for date stamps.
They loaded the M105 with a fork lift, kind of scary to watch. They picked the trailer up by the tongue, slid the lunette ring under the front of the fork lift and the forks under the frame, lifted it easily.
I was planning on using our track loader to lift it out this weekend.

Jeff, you have any good 11x20 tires for sell, need 3
Thanks, Karl

TacticalTruck

RE: Loaded M105

Yea, he was jockeying trailers around that way when i was there but low to the ground. i thought it was a neat trick. citizensoldier is worried about them being able to load his trailers onto a semi. i've got some 50% or better tires, if that'll help ya. winslow's usually got the best deal on like new ones. stop by and say hi some time.
jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks