• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M818 win...

alphadeltaromeo

It was a shame to have to sell my deuce quite recently. It did, though, enable me to take care of some very important bills thankfully. With that said... I was blessed to win an M818 from Smyrna, TN in the last auction. I've also been blessed with a decent tax return and haven't had to pay for the 818 yet, so things are working out quite well. The 818 is a runner according to GL and if all goes well, rdixiemiller will be joining me on the recovery trip. Here are a few pics of the new win.

Andy

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Goodness Andy, that is one fine looking M818! :beer:

I can't wait to go for a ride........

alphadeltaromeo

Thanks much oifvet. It came from Smyrna, TN...someone autobid it to a point and then I took over. The mileage said 85k, but the hour meter said 198 hours...with the tires and the condition of the unit...and that it was said to be running...that convinced me to buy it.

joec

Congrats Andy Nice truck Good rubber under it... :beer:

Looks like the level wind trolley was ripped off once or twice. Works better that way anyway..!!

Did they come like that with out the level wind?

jwaller

joec said:
Congrats Andy Nice truck Good rubber under it... :beer:

Looks like the level wind trolley was ripped off once or twice. Works better that way anyway..!!

Did they come like that with out the level wind?
ya only the 819 and 816 are supposed to have the level wind.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Truck Andy God knew what you wanted and gave it to you. Woo Hoo. What a sweet truck. I am going to be picking mine up in March and will be coming up purty close to your 20. I am flying down on the 17th of March and Christian my oldest son and I are driving it back from Tim's place in Louisana later that day. I am hoping to make it in one long or at least short segmented trip. You are planning on driving that one home aren't you. Purty neet we are both getting M 818's

God bless,

alphadeltaromeo

Thanks much Ken!

Scott, not sure what I'm going to name the truck. Suggestions?

David, if you're somewhat close, do let me know. Yes, I also plan on driving mine home if all goes as planned. Ya, I'm pretty thrilled about the 818. Maybe I'll be picking mine up close to the same time...just depends on the EUC for sure. I bet your excited to take that long road trip back with Christian...what a thrill *grin*.

wyomingjeep

Well you will find out on your drive home. If its temperamental you have to give it a womens name if it breaks down and takes all your money and leaves you heart broken you have to give it a Ex wifes name. If all it wants is some diesel fuel and a place to sleep and it treats you like a old friend then call it hank because it looks like a hank to me.

Coveralls

Andy, looks like all the parts are there. The two GL guys are very helpful in helping you get it off the lot. I wish all my trucks had those XL's I love em. Good score!

alphadeltaromeo

Scott...had to laugh at that one. Wifey didn't chuckle though... :| :wink:

Coveralls - good news on the two that will help me get it from the lot. That's encouraging for sure. I've not seen the XL's up close, so I'm looking forward to getting down the road with them and seeing how they ride. I have a good feel for the standard NDT's, so I'm rather curious to see the ride in comparison.