• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M882

rottiedog

Got it today and it's in GREAT shape. Haven't got it started yet but I think it will run tomorrow. Not getting fuel to the carb and not turning over with the key but will when I jumper the starter relay. Going to do the ammeter bypass to see if that helps.

Might even keep this one yellow. It is a professional job!

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I put a new fuel pump on my M886 yesterday. Runs great now. I also had cracked hoses at the fuel tank and one spot on the passengers side behind the cab where the line crossed the truck and turned forward. These cracks let it suck air and not pump. The pump worked a few weeks after I fixed the other stuff but it died sunday so it now has a napa pump.

My truck wouldn't crank when I first got it too. Never found the problem because it just started working. I did bypass the amp gauge (mine was about to burn). I put a volt meter on the far left side of the instument panel. I did unplug most of the firewall connectors in the coarse of trouble shooting and one of them must have been the problem with the starting. I plan to drill out and rewire some of those because I keep getting gremlins in the electrical system. Now the wipers don't work and the overhead light in the back is not working again. I did get a wiring diagram which has been very helpful.

Joe

rottiedog

New fuel pump yesterday and had to bypass the neutral safety. Fired up and ran sweet! Rediator sprung a big leak from right in the middle but this one runs great!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks