• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M923A2 Owner: What Tools in the Travel Kit?

wbread99

So I have an A2 which behaves properly except CTIS below zero degrees F. I know how to get around it. Am thinking of taking my A2 on a trip to the east coast, some 2500 south and east.

Lots of chatter about what people should carry with them as far as tools and possible spares. O-rings to air driers.

Does the group agree to a minimum standard parts list to go out on the road with? My Hueys at work have a MEL established. Just wondering if the group did the same thing. I read the TM, and it didnt cross to civilian use....

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Minimum Equipment List (MEL), contains the list of equipment that may be inoperative and still allow an aircraft to be dispatched. Your truck will need all it's systems operative to operate safely. As for tools and spares; follow the BII listed in the back of the -10 operator's manual. Spares; basically if it fails and it can be replaced in the field, put it in the box. Bulbs, belts, filters etc. Now if you replace aged belts and bulbs before the trip, reliability will go up. Leave the transfer case at home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks