• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M998 owner

JDL

Hello all!!! I am the proud new owner of a 1989 M998 HMMWV... I've never joins a site like this but I thought it may be helpful. I live in Illinois and just bought my M998 last weekend. I am excited to utilize this site to gain more knowledge. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Make sure you download the free tech manuals for your truck. They come in very handy.

JDL

Welcome to the site!

I also have a 998 - great trucks!
Thanks!!! I can't wait to spend good quality time in mine!!! I picked it out and paid for it on Monday and I actually go to pick it up next week... Every night feels like Christmas Eve... I can't sleep with excitement!!!

JDL

Why didn't you bring it home when you paid for it? Are they going to detail it for you?
I bought it from a friend who has dozens of them... And he is installing one of the large troop covers that goes over the back from another Humvee he has onto mine, and installing a key ignition on it for me... Plus his mechanic is going to clean it all up for me... Plus I couldn't drive it and my Silverado home at the same time :)IMG_3235.JPG
I've attached a pic of the cover I am talking about... I call it a troop cover, is there a technical name? Oh, and he is installing two of the long bench seats in the back for me as well