• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Manufacture Air Horns

Lex_Ordo

Has anyone bought a new set of Air Horns for their truck(s)?
I know the 5 Ton also takes the same set as the Duece. I'm interested in buying new from the Manufacturer.

Lex_Ordo

Thanks for the heads up, however I'm interested in New, Old stock.
The horns that I've found on my truck & others are made by Sparton Manufacturing. They are out of business now, but I'm sure there is a cache of NOS that someone is sitting on that was aquired through a GL or DRMO auction.

The model is AH5A, with a P/N of MS51301-1.

Lex_Ordo

Also, I have found that another manufacturer was involved in military truck horns.
Delco-Remy
...They have a slightly different base, but still OD, with unpainted plain metal horns or bells as they are properly called. The base is properly called a manifold.

Has anyone seen these on their dueces? I just want to get an idea of what was made, and also, since most of the trucks were still in service in 2005, where did the Military get their New Horns from if they needed to be replaced?

Both Delco-Remy, and Sparton are out of business and out of the horn business for many years before they closed their doors.

frodobaggins

Did you actually look at the ones he posted ? I'm sure those will work for you. Probably same manufacturer military used recently.

Lex_Ordo

The air horns that are being sold now are New Star aftermarket parts. They are actually made overseas, by S&S Truck Parts, which is the manufacturer of New Star parts, and just happens to be the only source for new reproduction Duece parts.

Whew! At least we can still get replacement items. They are good quality replacement parts
But...

I am looking for New, Old Stock Horns, Original Gov't manufacture on this one.

I spoke to S&S, and some of the parts are still made in the US by the Original Manufacturer, but most are not.
For example, the duece horns & the duece windshields.

JCKnife

I know the puristis are gonna hate this, but can we get deeper-sounding horns? Just trying it out at the preview, the horn is too high-pitched. I'd like something much deeper. Will look around...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks