• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, 1944 MB

p51

New member here, been a regular at the G503 site for several years now.
My ride is a 1944 Willys MB, used at the Bremerton Navy Shipyard in WW2. It’s been in Army Motors a few times over the years. I don’t take it out nearly as much as I should (I was very slack over the winter, didn’t fire it up at all as I had a prolonged cough I didn’t want to make worse while driving a open MV in the rain and cold). More info on the Jeep can be found here: Thunderbolt Productions - WW2 art, photography and paperwork
Looking to get my hands on a M-35 or CUCV in decent shape locally but having a hard time finding either in my area. I’m a former Army Ordnance officer and would like to have an example of one of the vehicle types I had in my motor pool when I was a new 2LT. We had each for a short while, got rid of them around 1999 or 200 if memory serves.

Last edited:

srodocker

Hey hey! Did you happen to be at the issaquah show? I was the one with the deuce with singles and stayed a bit afterword to talk to a few people. If not, welcome aboard check out the link in my signature to teh convoy this year.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, P51.

I enjoyed reading the story of how you got your Jeep ("that Jeep Lt." rofl).

You'll find an amazing amount of info on deuces and CUCV's here. You should just start reading old threads in the deuce and CUCV forums and spend a few weeks reading up. You'll be an expert by the time you get done.

Unfortunaly, deuces are not nearly as common on the West Coast as they are out here in the East. Prices are accordingly higher.

p51

I have been getting that feeling on CUCVs. There are some here but I don’t recall the last I saw for sale. Still on the fence about an M-35 as I can’t stand that noise the whistlers make (and I think it’s drive my wife insane as she has powerful hearing). Got offered a nice M-51 in great shape but I have zero interest in a tanker truck. I want something I throw stuff into the back if I want to. I’m more than a little bummed that I can’t post in the classifieds section as I can’t see me getting a high post count quickly to qualify to post there (I just don’t post much on MV stuff, my writing for that goes into magazines I write for so I can get paid for that).
As for Issaquah, nope, that wasn’t me. My MB has never been North of Tacoma since I have owned it.