• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member, 1st post, new truck, and THANKS!!

Vette427

Hi folks,
Just bought a 923A2 and want to say THANKS to all members and moderators for a great site and community. Because of this site I was able to make an informed purchase as well as download resources. My new rig has a few issues, power steering leak at reservoir and poor t-case shift, but nothing I can't handle, especially with a site like SS.

I would enjoy very much connecting with other members in NC, especially those in the Hickory/Gastonia region.

I look forward to contributing as a new member and MV owner!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from middle TN.

Most of the M939 trucks are hard shifting from high to low. I always disable the transfer case interlock and it helps the shifting a bunch.

gunboy1656

Good luck with your new toy.

Oh and you might not want to thank everyone yet, once there are a couple more beside it you might start swearing at the board.

Vette427

Thanks guys. I'm already on top of the T-case thanks to the posts on here. I'll check tonight to see if I can shift without air pressure which will tell me if it's something with the interlock or just a frozen linkage. I plan to disable the interlock as well as the auto engagement of the front axle in Low range. Re "a couple more", I've noticed most of the members on here have quite a collection. I'm afraid I'm already there. I bought an M105 trailer along with my M923. I keep telling myself that I'm just collecting the whole "action figure playset" and everything is relative. My wife, however, does not subscribe to my theory of "relativity".