• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member all the way from The Netherlands

RobM36A2

Hi Guys,

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Rob, am 29 years old (soon to be 30) And I live in The Netherlands.

I recently accuired a 1966 M36A2 (no typo, long wheelbase and long bed) from a friend.
My friend used to be registered on this forum, he advised me to do the same and here I am.

The M36 has the Continental Mutlifuel engine and a winch (we just figured out how to operate it).
I am running on a mix of diesel, gasoline, waste oils and what ever i can get my hands on.
No road taxes required, because of the age. With the free fuel, my biggest expenses are insurance and maintenance.

What I also got with this magnificent truck: Cargo cover, 3 spare wheels, towing bar, extra lighting cable (for towing others), a trailer (M105), and some random spare parts.

Here's a picture of the beast:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Nice looking truck and if you read the manuals it will make using everything a whole lot easier. :)

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome - what is in the pintle hook bag? I have a pintle hook for the front bumper, but I haven't had time to put it on a truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!

Is your friend Scrambler?

RobM36A2

Clinto, I suppose so, he told me he was Scrambler.

Don't know where to put this story, guess I put it here also.
Went to inspection today, it failed, fuel leak, short steering rod not good and 4 tyres not good.
I doubt the tyres, the guy was poking with a screwdriver in a cut and kept on wiggling until he saw canvas... Look! he said, this is a fail!
The guy also raped the clutch, driving away on an incline in 3rd gear.. So I am a bit pi$$t off..
Did change the 2 front tyres. 1 though job..

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome board and nice looking truck, I always forget how LONG they are till I see one again. You got a nive looking truck there as was stated before read all the TMs on it and have lots of fun playing with it, that is what they are for you know!
KK

RobM36A2

Thanks. I already had a lot of fun with the truck. and hope to keep on having fun.

@ Fuzzy: The box contains the light cable, some straps and a spare numberplate.

Last edited:

RobM36A2

Ah, like that. About the same distance.

And for the quick reply's: I have been fired last summer, and working as a temp.. So I got some time on my hands.
Not being able to find work. I'm a truck driver and backhoe operator. So I spend my time on sitting at home, sending letters to company's, and so on.
Scrambler (from this site) is a friend I got the M36 from, and when i don't know what to do, i help him with tinkering on his projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks