• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, and a new Deuce

DeuceDale

Just a new guy here, saying hi, and to show off my deuce that I got a week ago.

I was told that its a 1971 Kaiser, I bought it off of ebay, it was only about 60 miles from me. It was from a farmer that was going to convert it to a sprayer truck, but lost interest in the project. Its a M35A2 wo/w, White LDT465-1C. The whole truck but the frame is covered in spray-on truck bed liner, I bet its durable but I really wish they hadn't done that. Anyway I'm still learning about these trucks and hope to someday get it returned to its former glory.

Heres some pics of me playing in my back yard...

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers and congratulations on your new ride! :beer:

This has been the week for new Deuce owners, that's for sure.

You'll need to add your location to your signature in some way, that's the only requirement here on SS......

Looks like a big back yard........lots to mow :p

FreightTrain

Banned
well,if it was a 1971 then it is a Jeep Corp/AM General truck like mine.Any plan on de-madmaxing it?Better be ready for the purist to come out...Just ignore them.I like a pure deuce like them but that is just me...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess you won't have to worry about rust on that beast! Definitely one for off-roading and beating around without feeling too bad about it. Becuase you will have a helluva time removing that bedliner stuff...

FreightTrain

Banned
I would love to get me 2 or 3 more.Restore mine to like it came out of a fresh military Rebuild,build one into a Madmax monster kinda like this one but take it ALL the way,one to bob,and another to turn in to a Civilianized Alabama Version of the Malibu deuce.Aluminum alcoa rims,Stainless panels on the bed like a dump truck,Texas style stainless bumper,Chrome/Aluminum door handles,and yes,chrome the grill and both running boards,convert it to 12Volt system,Muffler to quit down the exhaust,insulate the cab and fill all the holes.Hot rod AC unit and a heater,New Sport gauges,maybe replace all 3 axles with something out from under a all wheel drive dump truck so I can have better gearing and Hydrolic brakes,carpeted flooring,nice Stereo system so I can jam to some good old school REAL rock,metal hard top with twin semi horns and chicken lights..........

Banshee365

Different brush gaurd than is on my '68 too. I might add some spare torque links to your shopping list with that flexing lol.

-Kelly

DeuceDale

I figured that this one would be a good starter deuce for me, I could really screw it up and not feel too bad about destroying an original. I already have thoughts of bobbing it and maybe adding another steering axle, but I think I'll have fun with the 6x6 for awhile.

Its already got a few aftermarket gauges on it, the previous owner removed most of the factory wiring and added his own all with blade-type fuses. The fuel tank is in the front of the box and the batteries are under the passengers seat <-- soon to be moved.

Yeah the glass has a blue tint to them, and are just held in with clear silicone :shock: And it wasn't until I got caught in a light rain the other day, um... where are the wipers at? Oh well just another project on the growing list.

The brush guard it a mix of original and concrete rebar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks