• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member and deuce owner

Wild Horse Hans

Hi all,
Just bought a 68 Kaiser deuce winch model about 5 minutes ago. It came with 5 extra tires, an M105 trailer and 3 gas air compressors.
Will pick it up next week sometime after they get the brakes adjusted, new flasher unit and the front driveshaft back in.
It is fine mechanically, but a bit rough body wise in a few places. I will need to replace the drivers side fender and fix a few other spots.
As soon as I get it home I will post more photos.
Hans

Attachments

Last edited:

Wild Horse Hans

Thanks,
As I said it needs a bit of work, but it is drivable as is. I'll play around with it and see if I can get a new fender. It is a turbo model and runs very strong and remarkably smooth. It even has a trick up it's sleeve that I will share once I get it home.

rattlecan6104

Welcome and the feeling of driving off with the deuce for the first time, knowing that a remarkable piece of history is now yours, is in my opinion, remarkably awesome! Enjoy.

Wild Horse Hans

Got the trailer and 5 wheels and tires home today. Trailer is in pretty nice bodywise. I will have to check the wiring and brakes as well as replace the wood on the on the stake racks.
It is a 1967 Johnson so the truck and trailer are from right about the same time.