• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member and M1009 owner from TN

Smokinyoda

Greetings everyone!

I am a new member who just completed a 500 mile round trip to "recover" my first (but not last) MV. It is a 1984 M1009 with 21k miles. It has alot of rust but mech it appears to be in great condition. The doors dont sag, seats not tore, steering wheel and gas/brake pedal covers are in great condition - leads me to believe this is actual mileage.

It is a rusty, and I probably payed to much, but the bug had bit and I just had to keep bidding. I bought it on eBay and am posting the link as it is full of pictures.

Chevrolet : Blazer : eBay Motors (item 170472761910 end time Apr-20-10 14:22:09 PDT)

The only problems so far is the fuel gauge only goes to 1/4 tank, even after filling up. Think maybe it sat for long time at that level and float stuck. Hoping it will free itself up. Must have sat for a long time as it has quit a bit of lichen/moss growth on it. Under hood I found several tags on various components indicating it was serviced in 2006 @20,828 miles. It has only added 700 miles 4 years!!!

Anyway sorry for long post, to much coffee and exitement today I guess!!!
Will be back with many questions im sure.:grin:

Attachments

Last edited:

jkelly66

Hello fellow person afflicted with OD fever I am from TN. too but am residing south of the border these days. Nice looking M1009 btw. I hope you enjoy it. And this Forum is a great place to be with great people. Welcome to SS :beer:

Last edited:

tomc

New in TN

Welcome aboard,

We are in Jonesborough, have an M1010 that we are working on. Have had several problems over the past year after driving it up from AL. Think that I have something wired backwards right now as it kills the batteries the moment I turn the key.

In any case, though I am only a shade tree mechanic (retired medic) let me know if you need help, Butler is not far from here.

Tom

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Welcome aboard,

We are in Jonesborough, have an M1010 that we are working on. Have had several problems over the past year after driving it up from AL. Think that I have something wired backwards right now as it kills the batteries the moment I turn the key.

In any case, though I am only a shade tree mechanic (retired medic) let me know if you need help, Butler is not far from here.

Tom
Nope not far at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks