• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Central Florida

Infallible1

Names Robert or Rob. Been lurking for a long while. And finally will be picking up my two trucks in a few days. 1984 M927 with the 250 cummins thats in great shape other than the motor (drives but there is a healthy knock) second truck is another 84 m927 that has been parted out down to the bed frame and cab. Buying this for the cab as i would like to make a crew cab.

Overall plans for the truck are two move the axles forward like the m818 and make it a crewcab. That's about it body wise.

Axle wise just want to add lockers if i can find them. Main thing im looking into is a re-power or rebuild the 250 cummins. Basically this is a BOV and a toy to take out on the weekends with the guys. Trying to find the best option for some more HP then stock and a trans/transfer case that could give me a decent highway speed.

Hope to have you guys some pictures in the next few days :driver:

Need to call the DMV as well and check into the licensing and etc. Plan on getting my CDL but dont much feel like keeping a log book if i go to walmart. I dont even want to think about the insurance either.

Last edited:

Infallible1

scratch the axle shafts i thought there were after market shafts but, in all honesty if im breaking 5 ton axles ive got big problems.

Still need to find a re-power solution for around 10-15k. Just need to research what will fit and give the most power and torque.

A

A/C Cages

Welcome from Orange City

Welcome from Orange City/Deltona.
Ever need anything just pop into my shop. 1078 Sha**** Dr
A/C Cages is the name of my company and you cant miss my anoying yellow Hummers with the logo all over it.

I've got a detroit locker I am looking to sell, but I am not sure what it goes to. It has 40 splines and they are set for about 2" axle shafts. It also looks like the same sort that goes into rockwell axles or GM corporate differentials. In other words, it has the four cross points on the out side that replace the shafts the spider gears ride on. You would not replace the entire carrier to install it. Anyway, I think it will fit the 5-ton or larger rockwell axle because I know it is too big for the 2.5-ton.

Jimma

Welcome from Georgia! Maybe you can help my brother Cessnatwin tow sixpeed to the ss event in Georgia and back home! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks