• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - Columbus Ohio

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. . . . How far do most drive to come to the [Haspin] rally? . . . .
As could be expected, many of the members in attendance are from all over the KOI tri-state area (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana,), but we regularly have members from South Carolina (Ferro and EMD567), New York (DH and DHwife), Missouri (Stan), Wisconsin (Westech), and Virginia(Maddawg308 ). We have also had members travel from Florida (RBeasley66, Stonepicker), North Carolina (CGarbee), Illinois (Ranchhopper) that's at least 11 states, . . . and probably more that I can't remember.

Oh yea, . . . welcome from the Southwest corner of the I-275 loop in Northern KY. (Petersburg)
:driver: [thumbzup]

Last edited:

jw4x4

My truck is an A1, and was upgraded to ABS. There is a decal on the driver's side windshield, and there was a tag zip-tied to the passenger side grab handle. When any truck has been sitting for a long time, there is bound to be some rust on the drums. When finally driven, whe the brakes are applied, they can tend to get grabby until the rust is rubbed off by the shoes. Take it slow and easy, leaving plenty of distance, especially if you are not familiar with big trucks with air brakes. If I can, I will show up and assist.

RuhRoh

As could be expected, many of the members in attendance are from all over the KOI tri-state area (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana,), but we regularly have members from South Carolina (Ferro and EMD567), New York (DH and DHwife), Missouri (Stan), Wisconsin (Westech), and Virginia(Maddawg308 ). We have also had members travel from Florida (RBeasley66, Stonepicker), North Carolina (CGarbee), Illinois (Ranchhopper) that's at least 11 states, . . . and probably more that I can't remember.

Oh yea, . . . welcome from the Southwest corner of the I-275 loop in Northern KY. (Petersburg)
:driver: [thumbzup]
I haven't driven/ridden in one of these yet so wondering what it feels like to run at highway speeds for a couple of hours or more. I guess getting there is half the fun - right??

And yet another half-way decent member from the Cincy/Northern KY area.:D

RuhRoh

My truck is an A1, and was upgraded to ABS. There is a decal on the driver's side windshield, and there was a tag zip-tied to the passenger side grab handle. When any truck has been sitting for a long time, there is bound to be some rust on the drums. When finally driven, whe the brakes are applied, they can tend to get grabby until the rust is rubbed off by the shoes. Take it slow and easy, leaving plenty of distance, especially if you are not familiar with big trucks with air brakes. If I can, I will show up and assist.
Thanks jw for the tip and great advice. We'll check it out to see if it's had the upgrade. SW didn't see any signs of it in the pics - I can't see anything similar to what you mention either. We're probably a couple weeks from making the recovery but will reach out to you when we know the date. SW made a call to the base and confirmed it does start so that is good to hear.

Thanks again for all the help! Another great member from Dayton...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks