• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Central Pa.

leggeman01

Hi all. I am a new member from Harrisburg, Pa. I used to own a 1985 CUCV M-1008 and loved it. Unfortunately I had to sell it a few years ago. I am ready to step up to a M932A2. I am searching for any and all advice I can soak up. I'm sure there is a ton on this site. My main question is about the ease of purchase from the Gov website. In particular how most guys get their new prize from the site to home. Do you simply pay and drive her home then title it in your state? Thanks in advance for all the help.

PaFarmer

Welcome. There are tons of posts on this issue, many say buy from GL and drive it without a title or registration. Others get them delivered and sort out the paperwork after. Buying from GL can get you a good deal or a basket case, either preview or roll the dice. We are having a rally at Rausch Creek off-road park in Tremont pa in late March, you are welcome to attend.

Jason O

Hi Leggeman-

I own a few of these trucks (Not for sale). You are welcome to look over and drive my M923A2 so you know what you're getting into before buying. Be warned, these trucks tend to multiply after your first purchase. I had both of my trucks shipped from GL New Castle DE. Once in a while they will go up for auction in Mech PA. I would just drive it home from there. Easiest / lowest risk option is to buy one locally that you can test drive (see John's post).

Getting a PA title and tags is easy. GL sent me Arizona titles and bills of sale. I have a classic car tag on my M923A2 which was $75 and never expires.

Good luck

Jason. 717-673-0845

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks