• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member From Columbus Ohio area!

Mach Style

Hows it going gang!

My name is Andy I live just north of the Columbus Ohio area. Currently 21 years old and out to eventually get my hands on real american steel. I've lurked around her a lot and have spent hours and hours researching various vehicles, tips, tricks, advice - all in hope to make a great purchase some point down the road.

First a little about me:

I have grown up and live in a farm town for my whole life, around large trucks and loud muscle cars. Needles to say things with wheels have became my passion. Currently I own my third mustang which is a 2004 Mach 1 with just 62K miles on it. She is my weekend car and although not much has been done to it yet aside from wheels and exhaust, shes my go to fun car. My daily driver (especially during the winter months) is a 1988 Chevy K1500. Bought it last year with 91K miles and with a completely rebuilt drivetrain from the engine to the rear end for just 3200 bucks. She was already on a 4 inch lift and was completely rust proofed with a fresh coat of metallic red paint. All it needed was some electrical work and tires. I have since driven it 19K miles since buying it last august, and that includes a trip to New Orleans I made over the spring. (pictures of said vehicles will be below)

Now why did I join? Ive had a love for military vehicles for as long as I could remember. Always wanted to join the armed forces but could not do such due to being legally deaf. So the next best thing to do is own a piece of Military hardware. I have had a love for the HMMWV's and the M35a2's ever since. So over the past few years I have done research on the technology of the trucks and what all to expect. Now its just the matter of last bit research where you guys should be able to help before I make the big step. I think what made me finally join was when I got the chance to drive a 95 H1 that was about as bare as the military versions of the HMMWV's. That H1 is seen in my avi. Was a basic 6.5L diesel that was all but powerful, but just the feel to drive it on the road, with everyone looking is a true joy.

Anyways, I think I will enjoy my stay here as you guys all seem to be very knowledgeable and very friendly. A close knit family should I say.

rsz_20150311_124143_zpsuzhawjjb.jpg rsz_11194496_821467781269143_415306715559880973_o.jpg rsz_20150529_131556_zps9tapneyv.jpg

Shark Bait

Welcome from 3 hours away. ( you might wanna add your state to your profile, before the powers to be get ya ) it is an awful addiction these green iron monsters. I started with pickups, then too a Musyang- Shelby Cobra GT-500, then onto the big fuel guzzling, earth rumbling machines. You can't stop at just one.......

Dave

Mach Style

Haha forgot to add that, Thanks! And yeah I already feel the urge to buy all of the trucks especially since they seem to be practically giving them away! I think my only Issue I have is where Im parking the green giant. Also Glad I already meet some one with a Like mind!

m109a2

Welcome from Lake Charles La.I started with mustangs had a few even put a 70 Boss 302 in the 11s,I do not know what my deuce will turn in the quarter but I am sure I could have a smoke and half a beer.LOL Al

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Indy. You should try to make the Haspin rally in a couple of weeks so that you can ride and maybe drive the different models. That should set the hook for a purchase. Hope to see you at Haspin.

Dave

Mach Style

got any details on that? Ima hit up google but It would be good to hear first hand.

EDIT:

Just looked it up and looks like a great start! Sadly though I'll be heading down to Tennessee that weekend and Will be stuck at work during the week of that event.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Stop by on your way south, you can take my deuce for a spin. Exit 12 off I71. I'm about 1 mile from that exit.

Mach Style

that would be amazing! I will try to remember and pull a little bit of extra time to swing by! I know though if that happens and I do drive, that will seal the deal and I will have to buy something right away hahaha. But yeah I'll send you a PM when that time gets closer and we can work out a meet time!

EDIT:

Also forgot I may be making a trip down to the other side of the river off of 71 to grab some parts for the mustang. that may happen tomorrow or Monday but its not set in stone.

Last edited: