• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from GA

rhino1

Getting my Deuce in about a month. Worked out a trade deal with someone. Looking to learn some more about it once I get my hands on it. New to these. Have wanted one for awhile, just had to wait until the right time . Will post pics when I get it

3rdaavbn

Welcome

Welcome to Steel soldiers! I am pretty new to this also. However, the people on this sight have been posting great info for years. With some searching you can find anything you need in these forums.
I have learned so much in the last couple of months, my wife has started calling herself a Deuce widow. Glad you're here.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have learned so much in the last couple of months, my wife has started calling herself a Deuce widow. Glad you're here.
That is a common statement for wives around here.

To the OP, welcome aboard. Get familiar with the recovery list thread and the manuals. You guys are at least close to the big GA Rally in the fall. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my advice. Study the Operators Manual. TM 9-2320-361-10 is a great start if you have an M35A2. Read it repeatedly. Some items won't make a bit of sense in your head no matter how many times you look at it but when you are sitting in the truck, it will make all the sense in the world. Once you have the operations down you can move onto the other manuals. If you can post up what truck you are getting we can provide links to the TMs you should need. All are available here or other places on the web for free. Welcome aboard. Don't miss that GA Rally, it's one of the largest hosts of unemployed comedians in the east.

zout

poppop - then they can follow you to my cookout then huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to tell Rhino1 about the pig cookout here April 27th
Welcome aboard Rhino1

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness. I'll tell you now so it's not a surprise; if you have one MV, before you know it, you will have two. After that you need to get a bunch of spares (just in case), and it's all down hill after that.

Good luck and have fun!!!

3dAngus

Ditto.

Must be nice to have a body shop. :3dAngus:

edited for the sake of life preservation (mine) :-D

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Last edited:

dangeroustyz

Welcome aboard. Cant ever go wrong with steel. You came to the right site. There is a bunch of knowledge and friendship here. When you get your rYde let us know. we can meet up. I do know that plewhiskey has acouple of trucks for sale. If you get it soon check out zouts in april or tmnt's 57th fighter group meeting march 10th. Once again WELCOME FRIEND :driver:

Last edited:

zout

Rhino - you need to check out and make plans to bring the family to my cookout here in Lilburn April 27th -
I have a thread going on it - Cookout at Zouts - great way to sit - chat - eat - talk and learn about MV's.

Some folks will be bringing theirs - some folks in their POV - it does not matter just as long as you come.
Not to say the least it would be embarrising for you as some folks are coming from TX - NJ - TN - NC - hopefully
one from Upper NY area (fingers crossed) and your here in GA.

Hope you can make it and introduce yourself and family in person and see some of the folks here eye to eye.