• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Henderson/Las Vegas area

DoctorCheney223

Hi Folks,

I just registered this evening. I found this website via an auction on eBay. I just purchased my first military vehicle from a Nellis AFB GL auction. It's a 1967 KAISER JEEP 2 1/ 2 TON TRUCK VAN 6X6 M1093A.

My kids were excited but the wife just made "that face" when I told her what I purchased. Oh well, she got over it really quick.

I hope to learn a few things from you folks and know to stay in my lane.

thanks,
Ron

DoctorCheney223

Thank you for welcome fellas :wink:

I will post photos of the vehicle when the EUC submission is approved. My son is in the market for a M35-series truck now.

thanks,
Ron

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from another newbie to the site. I have a friend in your area that will soon be shopping for a M109 as well (guess he likes mine). Any plans on what you will do on the inside of the box?

DoctorCheney223

Welcome from another newbie to the site. I have a friend in your area that will soon be shopping for a M109 as well (guess he likes mine). Any plans on what you will do on the inside of the box?
I have NO clue what I am going to do with this truck in the slightest :oops:

It was an impulse purchase and I had the kids begging me to purchase it. We own a firearms manufacturing business so I am sure it can somehow come into play one way or another.

Do you have any suggestions? It appears as if there are power switches and receptors in the back from the pictures. Am I correct?

thanks,
Ron

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M109 is a shop van, so it has a 110V AC system in the van (needs external power supplied) with lights and plugs. Also has a 24V system (2 small lights and a blower that runs off either 24v or 110V AC).

Mine is being changed into an RV with shower, sink, stove, beds, etc...an RV that will be able to go anywhere and be self contained. Should also help with CA laws as it will be a housecar then, not a commercial vehicle.

DoctorCheney223

Well... my son is going to have to pass on the m35 right now. I have developed an acute case of MV Flu and there is no more room for another M35 with my soon-to-arrive M998 Humvee :-D

When I asked the wife to go down and get a cashiers check she asked me if I "really needed a Humvee" right now. I felt like saying something sarcastic but being the good husband that I am, I didn't. I just used the same line that I gave my mother as a kid... "if I don't get it now, there won't be anymore" :wink:

The current owner sent me this photo today.

thanks,
Ron

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks