• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from New Mexico

farmguy

I've gotten intrested in military trucks recently and been doing research, found this forum :jumpin: and hooked for life. I am new to all of this and wanted advice/tips/help. thinking about getting an M35 Duece and didnt know if anyone had some tips for getting started. Still working on money but I'd really like to get ahead of the game and learn about trucks before I get into deep water (done that before :whistle:). I'll admit I'm a young sprout that doesnt know squat but thats why I'm here! And if theres somone in the area that will let me pick their brain and wouldnt mind showing me the ropes to get started I'd greatly apreceate it! :-D

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I'm in Carrizozo 90 miles West of Roswell. Once you have been bitten by the MV bug
There is just no going back. The best tip for a future m35 "deuce" owner would be to get a copy of the operators manual and the TM (technical manuals) hard copy or on CD. You can get them on ebay. Study those. There is also a lot of info on the different models - cargo, shop van, water or fuel tanker, tractor, wrecker and expandable van. The last three are harder to find than most. Also lot of videos on YouTube to watch. I have 6 trucks including an M35A2.
with a "whistler" turbo . Brandon :driver:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FarmGuy:
I extended a brief greeting to you in another thread, but let me go further here....

The West Texas Detachment (with ties to New Mexico) welcomes you aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:
These forums are LOADED with great info. While you're layingin your bunk, read Read READ!!! That's what I did.

Again, W E L C O M E [thumbzup]

farmguy

Thank you gentlemen, for the warm welcomes. I am in it for the long haul! Im excited to know theres a few people in the imediate area that are MV lovers. A quick side note, is there anyone here that has ties to the "March on Rome" event at Fort Stanton? I'll definitly take the advice on getting manuals and reading up on it. I'm very happy to be joining in on the ride, my gear is stowed and cant wait to get started!! :driver: If ever you gents are coming through/near my area give me a hollar, I'd love to meet up! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks