• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from New York

nnero

Hey everyone,

I just signed up on this site. I live on a dairy farm in upstate ny and we have a 1970 Deuce and Half. It is such a practical and fun vehicle and is worth its weight in gold. I cant wait to learn more about it and share my pictures and experiences with everyone here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nate

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nate, where in upstate NY are you located? My parents own about 100 acres in Cherry Valley, about 45 minutes from Cooperstown.

croftonaviation

welcome nate. Holstein cows I presume or something less common? Sorry next to MV's and airplanes, agriculture is my next favorite interest. we use wore out dairy cows as nurse cows.

nnero

We have jerseys and jersey crosses. Its a small farm, we milk around 30. But thats more than enough reasons to "justify" a Deuce :-D I will try to have pics up this weekend. Where did my fellow New Yorkers get their deuces. Ours came from brackney, PA.

croftonaviation

We have jerseys and jersey crosses. Its a small farm, we milk around 30. But thats more than enough reasons to "justify" a Deuce :-D I will try to have pics up this weekend. Where did my fellow New Yorkers get their deuces. Ours came from brackney, PA.
Jerseys are my wifes favorite cow. and around here there is no reason to "justify" owning a deuce. ;-)

nnero

Thanks everyone. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I will try to get some pictures up soon. We are trying to get the Deuce ready for winter, so I will snap some pics while we are working on it.

Yohan

Welcome, nnero. I'm almost in Syracuse. We should have a NY gathering sometime. All I need is a Deuce (or a 5 ton)!:-(:roll:

surfdog

Hey Nate, good to see another farmer from NY, with jerseys no less! I got my truck from jatonka (Ephratah).
Welcome to the site CSX90. Saw your truck up at JT's today - we just ran up to Watertown today to pick up my two m35a3's.

Sorry to hear that DMV jerked you around - that tends to be the status quo for NY and it is completely dependent upon which DMV location you go to (and which clerk you get). It takes about three trucks to completely get the DMV process down (and to know which clerk to get). ( Dont worry, the next two trucks usually follow the first in quick succession!!!!! )

If you're ever over towards Albany come on by and see my small motor pool of deuces - I only have about 1/10 of what JATONKA has!!! :-D

nnero

We had no problems with the DMV, we transferred the commercial plates from my dads F-250. The insurance was a PITA. Since there was no truck like the deuce in their computer we were there for 2 hours and the people there were clueless. They gave a commercial insurance policy which is expensive. We have to switch sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks