• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from North Carolina looking for a m35

DEVILDOC

I am in the market for a M35, I have been looking for awhile going friday to look at a few one in question is 1985 M35 with ldt mulit fuel engine with 401 hrs and 8500 miles any key points to look over. The M35 is ready to be driven home any pointers will be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

DEVILDOC

as far as i know the seller said it was but i havent look at it yet going in this friday to check it out any pointers to look for... THANKS

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devildoc you have a lot of prep before you go to get this truck! What if you really like it and buy it, do you know how to drive it? Unless you know the guy selling it personally I would not trust his word saying it ready to go, you need to be able to check the required items yourself so YOU KNOW they are ready! I dont mena to ruin your good time but lets be realistic/safe about this, if you dont know dont push it and get yourself into trouble. There are a lot of people on this site that could possibly give you a hand if you asked! Proceed with caution and whatever you do use good judgement, if you were closer I would help you! Good luck
KK

DEVILDOC

A.beast

Well went today to look at a M35 and it was in pretty good shape It had a LDS 5TON. ENGINE with s bigger turbo,new Tranmission, and a rebuilt winch, hard top. But no bows for the rear.and has a clear clean. Title. The seller will give it a yr warranty top to bottom in writing.asking 5500 negotiate to5000 cash. What is the differs in the LDS 465 and the ldt 465 engine? Besides one turboed and other supercharged . But this one hada huge turbo. But engine vin stated lds465

197thhhc

Both are turboed. The difference is about 60 hp and some torque. Before you drive it home do a complete PMCS on the truck. Check everything especially the brakes. Check the fluid level, Check for any leaks in the lines, airpack, and look at the backside of the wheels to see if there is any fluid on the backing plates. Check all you fluids and tire pressures. Make sure you have a jack and a couple of jackstands and breaker bar and socket to swap tires if you have a blow out. When you get it home, change all your filters and fluids so you will know they are correctly filled with the right stuff. The price is a little on the high side. But if you can be sure he will honor the warranty its not too bad. Have the title in your hand and check the VIN sometimes they dont match Be careful.

Down load and read the TM before you go to get it.

Good luck with the truck and enjoy.

Last edited:

DEVILDOC

Ok thanks,this place has been in business for 35plus years, I remember going there as a kid! They have it ALL! And u though price was high as well, What would be a good offer without insulting, and his guys work it over checking everything and servicing it and replace things that was missing like shakles , 4 new tires fixing pin in winch, ect just alot to take in. He has two helicopters. There as well. There was 8 guys there at 8am today to pick up trucks a blazer, jeep, a wreaker,water truck, and me. Two guys drove 4 hrs one way!

197thhhc

Sounds like a good place. I personally would like to get it for 4000-4500. But you probably will have to go to 5k. It doesnt sound like he will have any trouble selling it to someone else so he may not come down much. Good luck and keep us posted.

DEVILDOC

She is mine

Well paper work done ! Picking her up
friday where to take her on on our first date lol!
LDS 465 engine one hole injector, timing increased,winch,hard top,bows and cover,jerry cans, post pictures later. Going to be a long week. Made contact with head if Robin Sage with soldiers that train around here. Just might haul some guys this spring and summer whenever they do the training. Awesome. What radios came in the m35

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radios from Fair Radio in Ohio, Haney Elect in Texas, Pvt Jarhead in Nevada, many of the surplus dealers, at SS Rallys, SS Classified's, Craigs List, E-Bay, Boatachors, military radio forums on Delphi and Yahoo,etc. The list goes on and on - do some looking, compare prices and understand all the components you will need for a complete system. Become a HAM radio licensee and get an 'Elmer' who has military radios. Search all of these terms if you are not familiar with them, not just on SteelSoldiers (and there is a lot already here) but on the wider web also. It's all there (and more), but it is up to you to search for it, and not have it handed to you on a silver platter.2cents