• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North Florida

FloridaAKM

I hope this is not the wrong place to post this, but my page count is gettting high. I'm on the trail of another Deuce that might panout since all the rest have not; no more posts about it till I get more concrete info...........but preliminary toes in the water look really good, & here in Florida!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Friday starts another in house run & look/see session on a local Florida Deuce. Looks nice from what I can see from the picts, as long as I don't have to push it home. This will have to be the last post here as I know the newbs need space!

Last edited:

Dodge man

Fla AKM,

Welcome from Orlando. You ARE coming to the show at Reinger's in Mount Dora this weekend aren't you???? Three will be a fair number of us there and and it'll be good to meet you in person.

Dodge man

You missed a good show. In addition to the usual suspects, several new members of Steel Soldiers came out and a total of twelve vehicles turned up and there were a LOT of old veterans out there that came over to look and tell their stories. The military collectibles show wasn't huge but the prices were cheap and I found several things that I had been looking for. (Grimes A/C signal lamp, survival manual, 1943 Water can, a couple of TMs, VN era (1967) Ames folding shovel and case with bayonet hanger on the case, and an unusual vehicle document pouch.) I talked to the owner of Reingers and his wife after the show and they were VERY happy with the turnout and the response from the public!* Also got an invitation from a local TV station to be interviewed on a show about veterans events and affairs. They also want to come out and video some of our up coming events. All in all, I thought it was a GOOD show!

* Also there was quite a lot of wooded land back behind the flea market area so we had several good trail rides and the owner has invited us to use the area again.

Sorry, no pictures. I think everyone was too busy and I don't think anyone took any!

Another military collectibles show scheduled there for Oct 15. IIRC so mark your calendar!

FloridaAKM

You have any other info on it, like year manufactured, milage, condition of tires, engine, sheetmetal? I know it comes without the jeep. Drop me a line on it, selling price would be good also.

I still have a good line on a 1987 M35A2 that is repainted tan by Uncle Sugar when he was thinking about sending it the sandbox to play. The owner is having to do some fuel & electrical repairs to it first. I tried to post pictures of it that the owner sent me, but when I try to attach them, the action just locks up my computer every time. There is a member on the board that has one exactly like it for sale in Georgia, but with a much better paint job & tires! I can't remember his name, but he had all the trouble with the LMTV recovery leaving Atlanta Friday!

Last edited:

phil2968

That truck has dual circuit brakes. If it's complete buy it regardless of what else is wrong with it.
Dual brakes means it is a late model. Probably built for the Air Force.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Sorry for the crazy posting of pictures all over the place, but I did figure out how to post pictures finally. Home computer just locks up trying to post, work computer sails along like a breeze. That said, either this weekend or next, I hope that truck is road worthy, so it can go for a test drive with me in the drivers seat.

With you guys blessings & a good honest seller; this might be the end of the search for a Duece & the beginning of my green / tan iron madness.... eerrr hobby! Lilgiff should be going along for the inspection tour & ride when it happens. Thanks to Rayzer for letting me know about the truck in the first place.

A few more picture angles!

deuce and piggys bedroom set 014.JPGdeuce and piggys bedroom set 013.JPGdeuce and piggys bedroom set 006.JPGdeuce and piggys bedroom set 004.JPGdeuce and piggys bedroom set 005.JPG

FloridaAKM

I like the way you think. I have some OD green from another project & for some reason Tan is not my favorite color. After making sure all the mechanical ends are taken care of, I will work on putting her back to a camo color pattern most likely. This truck looks like a truck that was up for auction a few months ago in Georgia, but I know its not. Still, I wanted that truck & this one so far, fits that bill. It even has the pintel hook up front!
A pressure washer and some green paint Would fix it right up!

lilgiff

Make sure you have enough for the 105... It's tan as well!
i guess the good news is, it will match the truck until you get around to painting them.

lilgiff

Sorry for the crazy posting of pictures all over the place, but I did figure out how to post pictures finally. Home computer just locks up trying to post, work computer sails along like a breeze. That said, either this weekend or next, I hope that truck is road worthy, so it can go for a test drive with me in the drivers seat.

With you guys blessings & a good honest seller; this might be the end of the search for a Duece & the beginning of my green / tan iron madness.... eerrr hobby! Lilgiff should be going along for the inspection tour & ride when it happens. Thanks to Rayzer for letting me know about the truck in the first place.

A few more picture angles!

View attachment 489631View attachment 489632View attachment 489633View attachment 489634View attachment 489635
Looks great! Just hope he gets the mechanical gremlins sorted out.

FloridaAKM

I purchased & drove home a 1987 M35A2C from Blue Ridge, Georgia yesterday. Thats 420 miles one way, with no mechanical troubles @ all. I will post pictures tomorrow when I get to a fully functional computer, it is not the last one I posted pictures of, that one hasn't been repaired yet & is still in the hands of its current owner. This post should be the last one in this thread!

Dodge man

Nice! When are you going to bring it down here to the middle or Florida so that we can critique* it?

* That's just a fancy way of saying go over it and find fault with it :)