• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North GA .. m944a1 newbie !!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you drive, please post your route so those of us that are near it can respond to a road trip need.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the video showed ctis which is an a2 but the pics it is an a1. Engine is also a nhc250 not a 8.3
There was a bunch sold last month and that is why I suspect video is wrong.

Wrong pics and video is very common at Ft. Polk.

Think 3 tires and 1 rim as you don't want to run without spare.

There is a member who can preview for you - jeep... can't recall at moment

auctionaddict

Im trying to get a good price on the u ship site so I wont have to drive it in. (I don't have the best luck)
Its 700 miles from A to B. Its down to about 2100, but hoping for 15-1700.
Just found out about the GA titling problem. Wish I had done more research before bidding !!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Georgia, temporary paper tags are free at your DMV office. Stop by and pick one up. You should also be able to get insurance on the truck before you pick it up by showing the agent the bill of sale from GL. Make sure you order an SR97 form.

zout

You said its an 1983 - its a 31 yr old truck - anything 25 years and older are Historic. I'd hate to tell you to read that thread again because its a long one.

I was only going give you a 25/75 chance and you made a wize decision on getting it shipped - get the TM's and learn about the truck while you work on it. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to assist when you done reading the TM's.

Congrats on the truck by the way.

auctionaddict

You said its an 1983 - its a 31 yr old truck - anything 25 years and older are Historic. I'd hate to tell you to read that thread again because its a long one.

I was only going give you a 25/75 chance and you made a wize decision on getting it shipped - get the TM's and learn about the truck while you work on it. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to assist when you done reading the TM's.

Congrats on the truck by the way.
Thank you sir !!

bchauvette

My truck was pretty much loaded. could list what it didn't have easier than listing what it does have. Didn't get the arc welder and drill press. I'm a retired machinist among other things, life is wonderful. I did get the lathe mount milling machine (never used). Going to use it to make the MRAP tire to MOG adapters with the lathe that also came with it, about 300 lbs of welding rods and tons and tons of stuff. I'm using the tools and supplies that came with it almost on a daily basis. The truck is going to Heaven because I bless it everyday. I used the lathe to make U419 injector pulling tool.

I'm finding that the truck was used to trade bad items for good ones. Everything has a little something wrong or missing. But most easily repairable. I use the truck as a camper pulling my "Undressed" S.E.E. on my 5 ton laundry trailer for off-roading (See y'all at the GA rally this year!!!!) also Veterans and civic activities. I'm trying to uses the truck for CERT and FEMA preparedness Awareness. With much frustration. It is great attention getter at Wal-Marts and Makes a perfect kiosk/diorama.

The truck is not a workshop but an extreme tool box. There is a huge wrap around circus tent that is supposed to come with it. I may have the only M944 with a workable tent system. I got the canvases but no poles, fabricte my own poles. A real bear to setup.

Note that the panel over the rear door flips up and the over head trolly rail slides out. If you need to know how to get the generator fired up let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks