• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North Texas

darkstar

I actually registered for SS back in November 2013, but just made my first post, and a first PM to a fellow member, just earlier this week.

I purchased a M35A2 Cargo WO/W Kaiser a little over two weeks ago. It has a 1C "Whistler" turbo, diesel intake manifold heater, soft top, and an A3 style in-the-cab heater.

The guy I bought the Deuce from also had for sale a good fire-engine-red hardtop with a missing back window and an extra front windshield frame with good glass on both sides. I picked up both those items for $250 total.

In a week or so, a transportation company will retrieve my Deuce. I'm very stoked and amped up about this beast. I have been wanting one of these trucks for decades, so I finally decided to do something about it!

I have a post out to CARNAC's VIN thread to find out some info about my new toy. My own research points to a possible 1966 manufacture date.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to from Oklahoma. Looks like a good "first" MV.

spartan_185

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the forums. Im the guy you talked to on the phone before meeting with Rick. Im glad you guys worked something out. I cant believe you didnt drive that truck back home when you bought it.

darkstar

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the forums. Im the guy you talked to on the phone before meeting with Rick. Im glad you guys worked something out. I cant believe you didnt drive that truck back home when you bought it.
LOL! spartan_185, I wondered when you would recognize my new Deuce (Rick's old Deuce) from my uploaded images and figure out that I was the one that talked to you on the phone. It was good talking to you, Bret.

(1) I couldn't drive the Deuce to my home in the Dallas suburbs, even if I had wanted to. Local city ordinances neither allow vehicles with three axles and/or greater than a 1.5-ton rating on residential streets, nor parking at city residences.

(2) I didn't have a space to securely store the vehicle. I finally found a storage space just this past weekend.

It's a little different parking a big truck in the big city than it is at your business in Kiowa.

I'll drive up to your garage sometime and see what you have for sale that may interest me in the way of Deuce parts and such.

spartan_185

LOL! spartan_185, I wondered when you would recognize my new Deuce (Rick's old Deuce) from my uploaded images and figure out that I was the one that talked to you on the phone. It was good talking to you, Bret.

(1) I couldn't drive the Deuce to my home in the Dallas suburbs, even if I had wanted to. Local city ordinances neither allow vehicles with three axles and/or greater than a 1.5-ton rating on residential streets, nor parking at city residences.

(2) I didn't have a space to securely store the vehicle. I finally found a storage space just this past weekend.

It's a little different parking a big truck in the big city than it is at your business in Kiowa.

I'll drive up to your garage sometime and see what you have for sale that may interest me in the way of Deuce parts and such.
I guess you have a point there. I guess small town living does have its benefits. Although, I don't have the most bizarre yard ornaments here though. I can count several houses here in town that have livestock in the yard. If you're ever in the area, give me a shout or stop on by. I've got plenty of goodies and parts. Heck you might want to trade up from that old deuce to a nice 5 ton. I just bought a very nice M923A2 and M925A2 today.

ke5eua

City ordnance needs to revised, greater than a 1.5 ton rating is a 1500 / 150 or higher.

If you go by weight than most SUVs weigh close to 2 tons and can haul close to 2.5.

City ordnances need to keep up with the times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks