• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Northeast PA

bonedoc

New member from Northeast PA. Have loved large military trucks all my life. Have a wide variety of interests and addictions from my Jeep to ATVs to guns so it seemed fitting that I finally start to look into the large military trucks. It is totally new to me and so far have enjoyed reading, researching, and learning about these trucks. Looking forward to purchasing my first one this spring/summer. Right now just learning and asking questions.
Hope to see you all around and look forward to meeting members. Anybody local to the northeast PA/tristate area?

PaFarmer

bonedoc

Welcome. There are a lot of members from Pa. We have a rally at Rausch Creek Off road park in Tremont Pa on March 28-30. We get a good variety of vehicles, nice folks and a bunch of civilian vehicles tag along. It would be a good opportunity to see military vehicles getting used off-road. This has been going on since 2007 or 2008. Here is the link:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118846-PA-Spring-2014-Rausch-Creek-Steel-Soldiers-Rally

I will look into that. I've been to Rausch Creek many times with my Jeep JK and other members from the JK forum.

Sephirothq

Look into going to the Aberdeen show in northern Maryland or the show in western New Jersey there is also GIlber in Pa but that isn't until the fall of the year. You can meet alot of people in the hobby and on the boards in person. Look at the trucks and ask the questions. Also you have a few dealers around colemans, and kublos that still have dueces to sell along with some people on the boards here. Not to mention of my own dueces for sale :)

bonedoc

Thanks for the info guys and the warm welcome. Looking forward to becoming part of the community and enjoying another addiction.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Western NY . Great site with a ton of info about FUNNY green vehicles ? LOL!

SteveKuhn

Welcome from Metro-NJ. Being in Stroudsburg, you're close to the Red Ball club. They hold sort of the 1st show of the year in Jim Thorpe on 3/1 (http://redballonline.org/JimThorpeShow/2014JimThorpeInfo.htm), and also the more-or-less last one in Gilbert PA in Sept. It's a good place to go to start meeting people. MTA meets in Whippany NJ on the 1st Thurs of the month (except tonight due to weather.) Ours is the Sussex show end of April (http://mtaswapmeet.us/). Lots of vendors and displays. Would be worthwhile visiting with both clubs at meetings or shows as well as SS & the RC crew for a bunch of great connections to get started.

Steve

bonedoc

Welcome

We are located in Philadelphia PA and are a full service parts and provider for ex-US military trucks

stop down sometime

Dave

Dave Newman
www.easternsurplus.net

Email dave@easternsurplus.net
Office Phone Toll Free 1-855-332-0500
Cell 267-228-4238

Check out our E- Brochure

Thanks Dave , I had seen your website and was considering a ride down when the weather breaks a bit. I see that you have quite a few M35A2s. Interested in seeing what you have. I don't want to bob one but definitely want to convert to super singles.

bonedoc

Welcome from Metro-NJ. Being in Stroudsburg, you're close to the Red Ball club. They hold sort of the 1st show of the year in Jim Thorpe on 3/1 (http://redballonline.org/JimThorpeShow/2014JimThorpeInfo.htm), and also the more-or-less last one in Gilbert PA in Sept. It's a good place to go to start meeting people. MTA meets in Whippany NJ on the 1st Thurs of the month (except tonight due to weather.) Ours is the Sussex show end of April (http://mtaswapmeet.us/). Lots of vendors and displays. Would be worthwhile visiting with both clubs at meetings or shows as well as SS & the RC crew for a bunch of great connections to get started.

Steve

Thanks Steve, going to look into those

SteveKuhn

"...Welcome from central Pa..."

Not hijacking the thread, but gotta say Hi to the old neighborhood at the bottom of Cresson Mountain.

Steve
Originally from Altoona
remembering the Rustic Isle
and the old Rt 22 up Cresson

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Welcome from Delta,Pa. I have about 20 trucks for sale,Keep me in mind when you are ready to buy.thanks,john

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks