• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from ny. M201b1 barnfind restore.

ToddJK

^ He's right! Without pictures, that's when you get letters in the mail from people telling you how angry they are because you didn't include pictures.
That said, welcome to the site! Loads of info here! If you need info, I suggest searching first before making a new thread. When using the search function, if the results you get aren't what you need, try the advanced search and use keywords to find what you're looking for. This will save you from those "we just had a recent thread on this, try searching for it" kind of answer, lol. Cheers!

irnworker433

Hi and welcome to the group, that being said here's your first ass chewing. "We need PICTURES"
Tough crowd!! Today I went to take the back wheels off and try and free em up. Brakes are locked up solid. My snap on cordless didn’t have enuf ass to take the lug nuts off. Didn’t have air. When I get it home monday, I’ll bust out the oxy acetylene and heat em up good. Make em my bitch! I took one pic before I started but got quickly defeated. And yes I know it’s reverse thread drivers side! Lol. I even tried a breaker bar and it laughed an that too!

Attachments

Last edited:

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome to the group. Cool looking truck you've got there. When I changed the tires on my Deuce, I used a torque multiplier. Cost around 50 bucks and it made the job easy. Thanks for the pics!

irnworker433

Before you get too radical, try soaking with penetrating oil for several days. You aren't in a big hurry to fix a daily driver. Use a 3/4" breaker bar after the long soaking. I wouldn't use any extreme heat unless ALL else fails.
Good luck, looks like a good prospect.
Good advise. No hurry at all. I’ve been working this deal for a cpl years. Finally happened. Believe it or not. Nobody in the family wanted this truck. I offered em a barter and they took it. Good people.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet telephone truck! When these dot 3 brake fluid trucks sit forever, the fluid tends to leak out of the wheel cylinders and make a big rusty mess on the shoes and drums. Try backing off the shoes and dragging the truck back and forth to pop the shoes loose. If the drums stay stuck, it will be immensely difficult to remove them when you pull the wheels. Looks like someone had an oopsie with the compartment door. Post a closeup of the latch on the good side, maybe we can figure out a source for some new ones.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget they are reverse thread on the driver's side...

Spoil yourself and get a Harbor Freight Earthquake electric 3/4" drive impact.

Absolutely amazing how much torque it has and how many lugnuts it will do.

Dennis

irnworker433

Sweet telephone truck! When these dot 3 brake fluid trucks sit forever, the fluid tends to leak out of the wheel cylinders and make a big rusty mess on the shoes and drums. Try backing off the shoes and dragging the truck back and forth to pop the shoes loose. If the drums stay stuck, it will be immensely difficult to remove them when you pull the wheels. Looks like someone had an oopsie with the compartment door. Post a closeup of the latch on the good side, maybe we can figure out a source for some new ones.
Thanks! going today and try it again w appropriate tools for the job. As far as the tool bed door goes, I did find one of the latches when I was cleaning out the cubbies. so im halfway there! Now another million things to do and itll be ready for the road!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! going today and try it again w appropriate tools for the job. As far as the tool bed door goes, I did find one of the latches when I was cleaning out the cubbies. so im halfway there! Now another million things to do and itll be ready for the road!
This will be a really cool truck just take your time and it will all come togeather and Welome aboard !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just want to check in w you guys. I have many many questions. Im quite sure im in the right place for advice or an ass chewing which ever comes first!! My journey begins with getting this m201b1 1962 back on the trail!! Thanks for letting me hang out!!
I think I may have already told you once before on a different thread - but just in case - Welcome to the Outfit!
Definitely like that truck and the body on the back is super neat!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks