• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Ohio

Colt CCO

Hey all. My dad and I picked up a M35A3 a couple weeks ago. Still not sure if we are keeping it or fixing it up to sell and get a 5 Ton. Got new tires for it and a small punch list of things to fix (batteries, fiberglass on hood, etc). Looking forward to ripping into this puppy.

cab.jpgdriver.jpgfront.jpgpass.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, nice looking A3, it that a Fort Knox truck? Fix it up, keep it, and get a 5 ton. That's how you start the collection.
JC

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First thing first, those tires have been known to rupture if they have been sitting flat. I would be very cautious if the fronts have any indication of sitting flat.

Second, is that steering wheel as cracked as it looks in pic 1? WOW.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, welcome aboard from sunny So Fla! Always interested in the new Ohio contingent. Looks like you got a good start there. Off topic, is Castle Skateland still there?

In reference to the steering wheel cracks, you OH guys should recognize those, they are expansion joints!

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from western NY . Among other things I removed the CTIS system and installed the A2 bearings and seals along with a set of 395's on my A3 . I have a NOS Warn winch if you are interested , good luck , check out the site , LOTS of great info and no shortage of advise !! LOL bob k bob truck 002.jpg100_1294.jpg

Colt CCO

Thanks guys! Four of the tires are shot! The sidewalls are toast...BUT I just picked up the deal of a lifetime on four BRAND NEW 365/80R20 XZL's with the stickers still on them. Planning on putting new tires on the front and first tandem. I believe I have two workable tires that will be fine for the rear tandem.

Unless is structural...the steering wheel may just get a cosmetic fix if need be. Getting 2 new batteries this week as the old ones were from before we went into Iraq in 2003!

side note: yes, Castle Skateland is still there hahaha