• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Ohio

Truckyea

I searched for about 6 months for a cucv, and fell in love with the m1028 I bought back in February this year.
It was a cold cold winter, so she had mornings she didn't even start, and others she did but left my stranded at work in the parking lot after work. Then only 2 months later she popped on the way to work early in the morning on a one way street. Thankfully it was a bit warmer by then.

Since then work has really picked up and I haven't had much time to wrench.
I'm in construction so I have a lot of long hard days.
I have however located, bought and dropped in a 6.5 TD, and made a 1" body lift.
Unfortunately making the 1" aluminum blocks was the easy part, Removing the old body bolts from the cab not so much.

My plan is to keep it simple as the military did, but put my twist on it, and or improve some areas.
The 6.5 I dropped in didn't have all the accessories and was missing the belt tensioner, so I thought no biggie I'll just reuse and trans plant all the 6.2 stuff I can, "keeping the turbo on there" I'm glad I did.
Pretty close to getting her back on the road.
Just need to make a down pipe, fix these oil lines, replace the gas tank, finish my body lift, 1" zero rates, front aal, new King pin springs and bushings,

After that I'd like to get a set of TSL Q78's for the stock wheels, maybe a front winch, some more light then possible and 700r4 or Nv4500 down the road.
So eventually I'll have a very practical old truck, all year around!
Thanks everyone, my real name is Joe, and I love trucks almost as much as Tim McGraw

tobyS

Welcome from N Indiana! I bet you get some nasty Erie lake effect storms! How about some pictures?

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona!

There's loads of information and a lot of very helpful folks here!

Enjoy your project!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks