• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Ontario,Canada

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Scott, yes they were called 5 quads and they were good trucks. I believe the civy equalivant was a K30 but these truck had thicker frame rails and cross members. The engines were 350's with 4 bolt mains, Rochester 4 barrel carbs and dual fuel tanks. Very strong trucks but were very thirsty for gasoline, hence the dual tanks.

Reactions: 98G

ScottG2005

Hi Scott, yes they were called 5 quads and they were good trucks. I believe the civy equalivant was a K30 but these truck had thicker frame rails and cross members. The engines were 350's with 4 bolt mains, Rochester 4 barrel carbs and dual fuel tanks. Very strong trucks but were very thirsty for gasoline, hence the dual tanks.
A guy I watch on YouTube says I should put a 5.9 12 valve cummins in one. Not sure it depends if the 350 runs or not. I have a few photos of them things when they were in service ill see if I can ad them on here

Attachments

ScottG2005

I forgot to mention thanks for the reply

ScottG2005

I built a model of one here while back what do you think?

Attachments

ScottG2005

Nice model. The real version had no chrome or tires that size but nice rendering just the same.
Thanks. Its also a short bed which sucks. Its got a gmc grill. The next one will be all camo with the big signal unit box. I would've added a brush guard but I couldnt find one anywhere in the same scale. But I knew t was gonna turn out good. I've got some photos of when I was building it. Ill post em up

Attachments

ScottG2005

Nice model. The real version had no chrome or tires that size but nice rendering just the same.
Me and my grandpa were sitting out in my dads truck. I showed him a photo of a c.f. 76 chevy. He says they are great trucks he loves them (he's a farmer) he says there great farm trucks. I have his old 1984 chevy c30. I was thinking would one of those c.f. 5/4 tons make a great truck to convert to a dually and use as a beater? (by beater I mean toy,hunting truck,and tinkering truck)

ScottG2005

Easier for me to get in and out of the truck, I installed a tilt steering wheel. I still have the original one.
I'd like to have one of those trucks. Are they a good truck to go camping with? I love the old round headlight chevys. I love the 5quads allot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks