• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Oregon

ThumperTDC

New here, don't have a vehicle yet, but looking at possibly purchasing a local 53 M211 I believe is what it is. Anyway already have some plans of what I am wanting to do with it, but my question is that the seller said he does not have a title for it. I have contacted my local DMV office and they said the seller should have gotten a form 97 when he purchased it or a letter from the government as to why there isn't a title in order for me to get a title here in Oregon. Anyone have some insight on this? Is there other ways to get around this or if anyone knows who to contact on this?

It's too good of a deal to pass up, especially since my father inlaw wants to split the cost with me.

Thanks,
Tony

dmetalmiki

You would surely already have asked the seller why he has no documentation?. Life is extremely difficult in any country trying to register a vehicle without proper paperwork. Get him to inform you just where and from who he bought the truck, and work from there. Good luck.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would surely already have asked the seller why he has no documentation?. Life is extremely difficult in any country trying to register a vehicle without proper paperwork. Get him to inform you just where and from who he bought the truck, and work from there. Good luck.
Copy that, "true good to be true" maybe because there is no paperwork. That is a very old vehicle and not documentation of title, may not be able to be corrected.

m109a2

Welcome to this site you will learn plenty like I would make him make it right I bought my rig from a brother member drove it over a 1,000 miles to the house with no problems,He needs you not the other way check the site.Al

ThumperTDC

Thanks, all good questions to ask when I speak with him again. Haven't gone to look at it yet, but I am really hoping it pans out. Was initially looking for a pick up of the same vintage to restore, but then this came along and now has me thinking of all the possibilities.

ThumperTDC

Well, we picked it up as a parts truck, next week picking up a second with a title and have a line on a third truck minus the axels. If we can get the one with out the axels we will probably be selling #2.

AZK9

Seems like you are making positive progress!!

Welcome from the Central Highlands of Arizona!

srodocker

Welcome aboard! head on over to the PNW Info Thread. Where us PNW chat. Also on facebook PNW SS Group. Were making plans now for a PNW Campout in Eastern Oregon for May

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks