• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from PA - Philadelphia area

87lc2

Have been browsing SS for years now and decided to join as Im giving serious thought to buying one of the HMMWVs at auction. My father and I have been huge fans of all military vehicles for as long as I can remember, especially Humvees. My father owned an M35 when I was very young along with a Chevrolet CUCV, but never an HMMWV.

I currently own a few older muscle cars and know my way around the garage, but am not a professional mechanic. I think Im most interested to get one that needs some love and do a mechanical restoration. The engineering in these trucks has always intrigued me. I know they're pretty simple for the most part, but at the time the design/packaging was extremely unique.

I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and am hoping to find someone in the Tri-State area who already owns an HMMWV that wouldnt mind showing me their truck and letting me know what Im in for. Would be nice to actually see/touch/sit in one before I go ahead and make a few bids. If anyone is willing to show me the ropes I'd really appreciate it. You can message me here or send an email direct at nyr386@aol.com

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. You don't have to be a professional mechanic, just a confident mechanic. These vehicles are fun to work on.

AZK9

This is a great place to learn. There's a ton of information and lots of helpful members here.

Good luck... and... welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Welcome from blighty..share the adventure as you proceed into and through (the adventures and friendships) of the hobby. nay..addiction!

87lc2

Thanks for the welcome guys, I really appreciate it. From reading through the site it seems there are some very knowledgeable and good natured people here. I look forward to getting involved in the hobby.

jcappeljr - Do you currently have any HMMWVs? I would love to take a look.

HMMWVDEFENDER

Hey guys, I also am from the Philadelphia area and just bought myself a M998. Besides doing the work yourselves, is there anyone in the tri-state area that you trust to work on your trucks? I'll be traveling a bunch in the months to come and might need some help getting this rig squared away.

Thanks for letting me jump into your thread! -Dustin

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can you should try to get down to Ripken Stadium this weekend for the Aberdeen show. Lots of the folks from here will be there.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
[SIZE=1 said:
87lc2;1804236]Have been browsing SS for years now and decided to join as Im giving serious thought to buying one of the HMMWVs at auction. My father and I have been huge fans of all military vehicles for as long as I can remember, especially Humvees. My father owned an M35 when I was very young along with a Chevrolet CUCV, but never an HMMWV.

I currently own a few older muscle cars and know my way around the garage, but am not a professional mechanic. I think Im most interested to get one that needs some love and do a mechanical restoration. The engineering in these trucks has always intrigued me. I know they're pretty simple for the most part, but at the time the design/packaging was extremely unique.

I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and am hoping to find someone in the Tri-State area who already owns an HMMWV that wouldnt mind showing me their truck and letting me know what Im in for. Would be nice to actually see/touch/sit in one before I go ahead and make a few bids. If anyone is willing to show me the ropes I'd really appreciate it. You can message me here or send an email direct at nyr386@aol.com[/SIZE]
This post indicates you have gone to the premier website to ask a MV question.
All here wish you success. Enjoy.

NormB

Be sure and take a trip to Easternsurplus. Ask for the nickel tour. You'll cry. I just went up a month ago to pick up a new/used Transfer case and the stuff they have there is amazing. Say hello to Bill.

Oh, and welcome to the madness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks