• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from PA with a Mule that I would like to get running

Edj11

Hello folks. Like the title says I have a Mule and it hasn't been started in years. I was able to get it running by spraying some gas in the carb but it didn't want to pull fuel. I will head over to the Mule section in a few days and try to pick everyone's brain on were to start.

Currently I pulled the carb to clean it up a bit and dropped the fuel filter which needs to be replaced. Any idea where to get an AC filter 854302 (That's what the number looks like) It is all dried out and the rubber gasket cracked.

Thanks.

Edj11

Thanks everyone. IT RUNS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

1) Drained the tank, inspected it and put in new fuel
2) Changed the fuel filter and gasket
3) Removed the Carb and cleaned it with carb cleaner in every orfice / fuel entry or exit I could get to without disassembling it.
4) Pulled the top of the fuel pump and oiled it up (it was dry but not frozen up)
5) Reassembled everything but left the return off the carb line
6) Hooked a hand vacuum pump up to the return on the carb side and pulled vacuum until I had fuel to the carb, then connected the return back
7) Pulled on that #%@#$%% pull start about 20 times and BAM it fired up
8) Drove it back and forth and shut it down for now.

I still need to figure out the starting pattern for the choke of when it is cold/warm/hot I am having to play with it when restarting. Also it would be much easier if the pull start was near the engine!!!!

I will update more later Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks