• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from SoCal

ofmyownaccord

Hey everyone. New member from Southern CA here.

I'm looking to acquire an M1009 pretty soon, even bought a medium towbar for the occasion. HOWEVER, the adjustable inner portion seems to be rusted stuck inside to the outer sleeve on both of 'em. I've soaked it for days with PB Blaster and tried to pull it apart with a John Deere tractor and skip loader but it just won't budge. Any suggestions?

They're both stuck on the second hole...is it still possible to hook it up to a blazer the way it is now?

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

I've learned here that a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF works very well in a situation like that.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I would do the above along with putting a pipe wrench on it to try to twist it off and few taps with a hammer as you're working it.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When all else fails, use heat to get them to let go of each other. Also, welcome from Nor. cal.

Last edited:

Prospector GM

Welcome to the site! Check out the Threads SoCal Spring Rally Hosted by FASTNOVA, SoCal Summer Rally Hosted by Blendmaster 2002, and SoCal Fall Rally Hosted by FASTNOVA. I agree with bigmike a little heat :burn:might brake it free. :driver: :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks