• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Tampa

Tampa250

Just checking in and introducing myself as a new member from Tampa, FL. I've been lurking for a few days after stumbling upon this site. I'm a lifelong military enthusiast with a surplus "problem":wink:, although I don't own any military vehicles yet. A good friend of mine who shares my obsession with all things military does own a deuce and recently got a very nice Fox. I wanted to become involved here because I can see myself getting into vehicles at some point, and there appears to be a ton of good information here. In fact, when I was searching about GL on the net, this place popped up. I want to have all my facts straight before I dive into bidding on a vehicle sight unseen.

At any rate, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and see who else is in the area here. That's all for now...

dc3coyote

Welcome to the addiction, Keep your ears open and you will learn alot. There are alot of Fl members here and even more in your neck of the woods. I still own my house in Holiday so I am sure I will be back there one day.
Branan

Green_gator

What part of Tampa? There are more then a few in the Tampa Bay area. Welcome to the site, now plan to join us for the Georgia Rally in late October.

Tampa250

Wow- there ARE a lot of people local to me!

I really hope to be able to join the ranks of you MV owners at some point soon. Like I said, my good buddy has a deuce and a Fox right now so at least I am around the stuff. I need to learn more about the GL game and get the nerve to bid on one of those trucks one day. Either that, or find one already brought to town for a good deal.

I hope to run into some of you local guys one of these days. Are there ever any events here in Florida?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget the GL game, come on down to Palmetto, and I'll put you in the driver's seat! At least you can drive mine around. Welcome to the site, a wealth of information is at your disposal.

Maverick1701

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Tampa is a cool town!
Do you go to generations christian chruch by chance (ITS HUGE)? My Uncle is the preacher there

renovate7

Another welcome from Lakeland. Go to the Florida MVPA Rally in January in Belleview (Ocala). Should be 60+ vehicles and a very good section of vendors... There are great trucks coming out of Warner Robbins Ga these days. Place a bid and hope for the best.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Craigslist of Tampa often has MV vehicles listed. I'd start monitoring the 'net for private party sales in additrion to the GL option!

Rick

SixSpeed

Banned
Pete (PC Trans) usually has a few nice trucks, my buddy James (JamesM) has his Deuce on the market too.

Or if you are feeling adventurous GL is certainly the way to go. You will find a WEALTH of information about GL on here. And if you can't find something (but search first!) you can always ask. SOMEONE will know the answer, we have all been through GL at some point in time. If you get lucky, you might find someone else in Florida heading up to the same action for trucks, or get Pete (PCTrans) to bring it down for ya!

There are enough events around here to keep you busy.

Pending the Georgia Rally (Thread HERE) is has been quiet here, as everyone gears up to make the trip up.

After the GA rally, we are planning a weekend outing sometime in November. The MVPA Belleview Rally in January is always good!

Then the big Florida Rally will be in February.

In between we might have a few lunch or dinner get togethers. Just keep active on the forums and you'll see something pop up!