• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from WA

SuperdutyTD

Hi my name is Shane and I'm from good ol Washington state. I have been recently introduced to military vehicles and the good prices for a lot of truck! I was especially intrigued by bobbed m35a2 with a matching trailer (Just by doing a bit of looking around it seems some people around here have a dislike to bobbing 6x6's). I have not totally thrown out the idea of simply putting 46's on a 6x6 but think that the shorter bobbed version would work better. I have property over in eastern WA and connections with my local Line-X shop and already have ideas swirling around in my head. I came here yearning for information and it appears I have came to the right place.

srodocker

WELCOME to the site!!! i know Hammer is selling a bobbed deuce you might want to contact him! You just missed a event we just had. we plan on having another in April but were waiting for a set date which might be early april. i can log into chat if you would like to chat.

SuperdutyTD

I did see that in Hammer's sig. Do you know any details on it? I'll talk to Hammer later I suppose and get some specs/pics. I got hooked cus of Hundy on the bobbed 4x4's on 46's rofl I've even heard that 49's will fit though :p

spartan_185

Welcome,on behalf of the Okie's here. I'm also new here, but this is definitely the site to go to for everything you need to know. I must warn you though, MV's are like potato chips, you cant have just one.

markmontana

I got hooked cus of Hundy on the bobbed 4x4's....
Welcome-- Take plenty of money if you go down to Hundy's place- you'll spend more than you planned!!! But you'll be happy:driver: Mark is a great guy.

(Just by doing a bit of looking around it seems some people around here have a dislike to bobbing 6x6's)
My view is that bobbers are cool (and I will soon have one)- but I wouldn't chop up a perfectly pristine deuce to make one. There are a lot of trucks that might be marginal or quite expensive to restore- so why not bob some(or whatever the next fad is). It gives them a new chance at life. It's also very practical for us guys with limited space who are stocking up...

But most everyone around this forum is cool and appreciates creativity and clean work on ANY truck.

Dave

Stalwart

Welcome to the green addiction, nice choice in other trucks too, I use a red F450 for my MV tow vehicle. Small world, I'm in Redmond too . . .

SuperdutyTD

Welcome to the green addiction, nice choice in other trucks too, I use a red F450 for my MV tow vehicle. Small world, I'm in Redmond too . . .
Not to sound too stalkerish but does your truck have a billet grill on the front?

I don't know if I want to fly down to Cali cus I would only buy a one way ticket and with my chechbook in my pocket!

Varyag

Welcome to the disease. There a few over here on the west side too. (Pullman) And I know we have one old time lurker who just got his first truck too in the past few days.

damienvon3

Welcome from another Newb

Hello, and welcome from another New-B in Puyallup. I have "lurked" for sometime before joining. It never ceases to amaze me at the camaraderie that members of SS have for one another.

I agree with what was said, most people just love these old trucks and as long as it is done with "Craftsmanship" it gets a [thumbzup]; however, there are the "PURISTS" out there that don't appreciate changes.

I to am thinking that my first MV will be a Bobber, because of space limitations now. We do have property in Castle Rock, but who wants to go that far to drive and tinker with your own truck.

I hope to meet all of these local guys someday soon, the knowledge that they are willing to share is awesome!

Scott
AKA- Damienvon3

SuperdutyTD

Welcome-- Take plenty of money if you go down to Hundy's place- you'll spend more than you planned!!! But you'll be happy:driver: Mark is a great guy.

My view is that bobbers are cool (and I will soon have one)- but I wouldn't chop up a perfectly pristine deuce to make one. There are a lot of trucks that might be marginal or quite expensive to restore- so why not bob some(or whatever the next fad is). It gives them a new chance at life. It's also very practical for us guys with limited space who are stocking up...

But most everyone around this forum is cool and appreciates creativity and clean work on ANY truck.

Dave
We'll have to see, I am leaning towards a bobbed version mobility/weight/power/off-roading which all kind of go together.

Yup, and a color matching canopy during the winter months when I'm not hauling my gooseneck trailer.
I've seen your truck with/without the canopy :cookoo: you also have pics of that truck somewhere on the internet don't you? FTW?

Hello, and welcome from another New-B in Puyallup. I have "lurked" for sometime before joining. It never ceases to amaze me at the camaraderie that members of SS have for one another.

I agree with what was said, most people just love these old trucks and as long as it is done with "Craftsmanship" it gets a [thumbzup]; however, there are the "PURISTS" out there that don't appreciate changes.

I to am thinking that my first MV will be a Bobber, because of space limitations now. We do have property in Castle Rock, but who wants to go that far to drive and tinker with your own truck.

I hope to meet all of these local guys someday soon, the knowledge that they are willing to share is awesome!

Scott
AKA- Damienvon3
The pure length/weight of a bobbed versus a normal is what is making me lean towards a bobbed version.

so we have what 3 new people this past week for west coast people here i find the link for the convoy this summer!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...r-valley-mv-convoy-camp-out-4.html#post542907

keep a close eye as well for another event in apirl!
I might join in on the convoy, probably depend on the vehicle situation. A bright red civvy truck wouldn't fit in too well :mrgreen:

Welcome!
Sounds like you're not far from me, feel free to drop on by this weekend, I have a feeling we'll be doing some wrenching, right Scott?
I'm pretty busy most weekends with it being ski/snowmobile season.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I posted up a few pictures of my shiney truck! I also do detailing on the side/hobby. 8)

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS site.
Lots to of info and help thru these pages.

I'm doing my best to keep the Mid - Columbia sprinkled with Green Iron.
Where's your eastern property?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks