• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Wales UK , Clutch slipping

mark m35a2

Hi All , thanks for letting me in , just purchased a M35A2 , in 5th overdrive on full throttle the clutch slips slightly, it will probably last years if I'm careful but just wondering if I remove the propshaft to the transfer box off will the gearbox slide back enough to change the clutch ? thanks in advance Mark

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
but just wondering if I remove the propshaft to the transfer box off will the gearbox slide back enough to change the clutch ?
Yes. The entire gearbox (with clutch bell housing attached) comes out after just unbolting the jackshaft from the transmission output flange.
Of course, if you remove that shaft entirely it will be even easier.

HDN

Thanks guys for the help , at least I know now its not a massive job if needed ... ill check oil level also thanks .. is a Knockle about an inch ? lol
Funny you ask since I actually measured the first knuckle on my index finger to check differential oil level recently :ROFLMAO: At least on my hand it's about an inch.

Welcome to the deuce club :driver:

mark m35a2

Funny you ask since I actually measured the first knuckle on my index finger to check differential oil level recently :ROFLMAO: At least on my hand it's about an inch.

Welcome to the deuce club :driver:
Thanks for the welcome, fuel gauge always reading full now fixed thanks to the club, low air buzzer now fixed thanks to the club and great advice on clutch !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks