• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Washington

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :grin:

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Congratz on acquiring an MV. You've called it an M318... is in really an M813???

You might want to update your user profile to be a bit more specific on your location. The website rules state this:

"• Location: We require that all members include their state in their new member profile. This allows the other members to know their neighbors. Users who refuse to add their location will be subject to warning, temporary ban, and then permanent ban. "

Not griping, just a friendly coaching to help you get settled in.

Again, WELCOME !

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

marklwhite

Yes, M813 5 ton.

I'm my excitement my dyslexic fingers switched the order of numbers.

We are just South of Issaquah.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 98G

marklwhite

I've updated my profile with my location.

The truck has been painted over but you can see US Navy markings on the doors.

It's in amazing shape mechanically!
And rust in all the expected locations.

fasttruck

Along with all the welcome aboard posts here is one you can take to heart. Don't make a move without the pubs: operators' manual, organizational maintenance manual and parts book, and lubrication order. The relevant pubs are TMs 9-2320-260-10, 20, 20P, and 260 LO. There are about 40ea grease fittings on an M813, 4ea on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril. Make sure you figure out how to operate the cold weather starting aid and prime the fuel system if you are clumsy enough to run out of fuel. The TMs are available to download on this site or you could get paper copies at swap meets or on line.

srodocker

Howdy howdy!!! Great group here. I may or may not have seen posts on FB of your truck stuck shortly after purchasing if it is indeed you.

Be sure to check out our PNW campout post on here and our FB PNW Steel Soldiers group as well. Glad to have another around!

marklwhite

Indeed, that was I.

Not my most stellar moment, but nothing damaged but my ego and debit card!

Note to self: big heavy truck does not climb out of swampy ditch by itself!

I was educated that Rockwell's do not have lockers

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and looks like you first lesson was a good one. Also your Rockwell's might not have lockers but some MV's do. I do not know if they would have helped you out here. Anything can get stuck so carry a push rod and check the depth to the bottom if there is one.

marklwhite

Yeah David, only a rear winch would have helped

Nothing but scrub up front.

The F450 tow truck that showed up first tried pulling back an lifted his front wheels off the ground WITH his wheel lift on the pavement!

Then the International medium dutt tow truck showed up and both tried pulling it back and didn't budge it. All efforts were with the M813 in low range granny low spinning the wheels in the mud. All that accomplished was to sink it deeper into the mud.

Thankfully the shoulder of the road held the weight with the axles solidly aground.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I am truly impressed with you overachieving in your "first" highcenter. There is a slight learning curve when it comes to where the hard edge "is". :shock:

Good Luck to the Pair of you in sharing the mutual satisfaction of owning a Good looking Ride.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks