• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member from williamsport pa

o1dakota440

hey all, i am new to this site. i joind because i am looking to buy a duece. i am not sure what to look for and not sure where to go. my preferences are a hard top with a winch. but can and will do without either, as long as the the truck is road worthy here in pa. i don't have alot of money to spend because the wife and i where both laid off from work last year. it has been tough finding new work and we are straped. she just got a pt job last week and took a 7.00 dollar an hour pay cut. but something is better than nothing. we only have one car (2000 dodge durango r/t) and she is tired of me using it to haul things. so there begins my quest for a deuce. any and all help would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance
jake.
p.s. i am in the williamsport pa area

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello 440! Welcome to the site.

Two good places to start learning about the deuce are the wiki article here on the site and the intro to deuces article below.

The absolute best advice I think any of us could give you would be to sit down with a cup of coffee (or whatever your favorite beverage is) and start reading threads int he deuce forum. Start with the oldest ones and simply work your way forward. With a few hours you will begin to notice which topics come up the most and what to look for.

Attachments

StoneMill

Welcome to the site. Great to see another PA member. There are a lot of PA guys on here. Have you gone for a ride in a deuce yet. I'm sure there is someone close by that would gladly take you for a ride and let you look things over. Just post in the forums and you'll get tons of replys.
The search button works decent if you want to know something specific but if you can't find what your looking for the people on here are great about reposting info and keeping things fresh.
There are a few events planned for Spring that are within driving distance from you. Hopefully you'll have your deuce by then and be able to join in.

The Janiter

Like clinto said; read - read - read - I spent 6 months READING before I joined this site - one because I needed info on my M37 and later because I wanted a Duce - now because what I have found is there is a community here of like minded people that realy do like this hobby and make it better for all of us.

acmunro

Welcome to the site. I don't have much to add as far as the duece goes as I have CUCV's a M-37 and some trailers. Other members here are a wealth of knowledge on the subject though. Good luck.

o1dakota440

thanks for all the welcomes. i did a 4 year hitch in the navy, so i have driven them before. i also have a friend who owns one, and have messed with his alot. i just really need help finding one that is reasonably priced. i watch ebay alot. and do see some in the right price range but they are to far for me to go get. and the you see so guy listing his bare bones a2 for 20,000 dollars it boggles my mind. i have also looked through this sites classified section. but every one i contacted has not responded to me. so if any one in pa has one that is road ready for sale please let me know. thanks for all the support
jake.
p.s. i also have a 4'x8' media blast cabinet that i am selling to held fun the duece. so if you are interested please let me know. i will try to get pics asap and post it in the tools classified section.

Scarecrow1

Hello And welcome from SC . I think your a wise fellow and have come to the right place for help and friendship . There is an endless source of knowledge on this and others sites about the Deuce . The TMs under resources tab at the top of the page , have fun and remember to take pics when you find it . We Are addicted to pictures too.

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome from S.E. Pennsylvania. I am a alumni of WACC too. Met my wife up there and have therefore been going back all the time. Trout fishin in the Loyalsock and drinkin in Club Fred.
Cant help with the deuce cause I don't have one. Good luck in your quest.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm down here in York and have, or will have very soon, a deuce to sell. I've had it for a couple of years. It's a former PA national guard truck, a plain jane though, no winch, no heat. But the best runner I've got. Soft top too. I lost some storage and need to sell unfortunately. It has gun racks, that's about the only military add-on. It's tag and titled in PA. I should have it ready to go just after the first of the year. Everything works. PM me for additional info. I could help drive it part way north if it helps you out.

I'll actually have two for sale. One probably a bit later in January. I have to replace a few odds & ends on that one though (tail lights, etc.). I have it titled and it has an arctic cab soft top. Plain jane otherwise. I've had it too for a couple of years.

Again, PM me for details.

Welcome to the club, the addiction, and the commitment.

Eco

Last edited:

Dragon15601

Greetings from 15601. You'll see I thanked someone for the file link they posted.
My 2 cents are: Title in Hand, New or newer batteries, Fluid and filter changes. (as recent as possible)
good rubber and no leaks. High Dollar rides better pass an IG (Inspector General) inspection.
White Gloves and all. A sellers personality goes a long way too.
Welcome to the Addiction, I like you haven't found my Deuce yet. But don't worry none You will find the one.
Cause the first one is gonna be like your first love. Oh, There are quite a few that are listed in Pa Not affiliated with this site or on Chump-bay. Goodluck.

Coal Cracker

Welcome From NE Pa. I get to the Williamsport area 2-3 times per month.

You've been given the best advice from the previous posts, read the forums, and get familiar with the TM's.

You can buy a moderately priced deuce from auction sites, but the cheaper price offsets the chances you take, I took that chance and went GL, but I did a preinspection of the truck, and got what I wanted.

Now you can pay a little more and go private, but chances are you can test drive, and it has a title.

Good luck.

o1dakota440

so, just an update. i did get a 1970 m35a2, with a good PA title. it runs great, and everything works as it should. i have replaced the seats with some nice leather take outs from a 2001 dakota. i have started doing some rust repair and plan on painting it marine green, but that may change. i also have gotten my dirty little hands on an air-o-matic kit, and plan on rigging up some kind of water fording kit. so any suggestions on a diy fording kit would help alot, especially the parts on how to pressurize the bell housing. anyway like i said this is just an update. so happy motoring and happy ney year to all.

Srjeeper

Welcome aboard...enjoy the ride...ya couldn't take it ($) with ya anyway. :rolleyes:

Keep an eye on the 'Upcoming Events Forum'...there's lots going on here in Pa. :jumpin: and close by this year. [thumbzup]

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.
I hope to see you and your Deuce at the Lock Haven Car show this coming summer.
I took mine there last year and had a great time.

Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks