• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member hello from NJ

keith h

Hello all,
Nice to see the wealth of information here, Over the past year I've been working on my M37B1 getting it mechanically sound finally have insurance and QQ's now I can't wait to drive it before the tear down for paint! I previously restored a 1944MB which now belongs to a friend and have a 44 GPW on ice for my son both of us wouldn't mind a 5 tonner in the future.

dawico

Welcome from Texas.

Many threads about paint here. Just painted my 5 ton recently.

And as always, we need to see pics of your truck.

keith h

Thank You for the welcome, After blasting and epoxy coating my rims this week I shot the color today, I was trying to get my tires mounted and drive my father in the local parade tomorrow but it didn't come together.picture22.jpgpicture2.jpgDSC05483r.jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site from ND Keith, pretty darned nice looking M37 you have there! The M37 is a great truck to drive and work on, one step up from a Jeep but a pretty small step up compared to when you get a 5 tonner, that will be a much bigger step, and as always much bigger steps come with many more complications including everything from the truck itself to just driving it, parking ie. finding spots big enough that you will be able to get out of easily when your ready to leave are just the start! Any of the 939 series trucks are a pure joy to drive, look impressively huge and you will never look back after you take that step. Get yourself a set of TMs for it and a completely new set of BIG BOY tools and you will be off and running Keith! Good luck and there are some good deals to be had out there!
KK

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck! Please update us with pictures of your progress.

Also, you might want to stop over at the G741 site to register your truck and talk to the people there. They are focused exclusively on the M37 and variants and have a wealth of knowledge.

Good Luck with your project!

m109a2

Welcome to this site From Lake Charles La.You will soon discover this not a normal site for nobody here is normal we love our mv's and our members.It is more than a site it is a brotherhood.Check out the member map.Al

3dAngus

Hello Keith, and welcome from Georgia.
Love that M-37
Keep on truckin'
Oh, and by the way, its unfortunate you didnt get your Father to the parade, but, theres always next year. Wish zi could say thay, but all zi got was pictures of my brother standing in front of my Fathers Grave at Ft. benning today.
I did start my Deuce for the first time in about a year, and positioned it out front with a 20' flagpole in honor of the old war vet.
Enjoy him while you can, and keep at that M37 until you're happy. I'll be back working on mine this June too, for the first time in over a year. Just love these trucks! Again, welcome to the site.

keith h

Hello Keith, and welcome from Georgia.
Love that M-37
Keep on truckin'
Oh, and by the way, its unfortunate you didnt get your Father to the parade, but, theres always next year. Wish zi could say thay, but all zi got was pictures of my brother standing in front of my Fathers Grave at Ft. benning today.
I did start my Deuce for the first time in about a year, and positioned it out front with a 20' flagpole in honor of the old war vet.
Enjoy him while you can, and keep at that M37 until you're happy. I'll be back working on mine this June too, for the first time in over a year. Just love these trucks! Again, welcome to the site.
Thank you I appreciate it, I have to admit I really felt defeated yesterday when the truck didn't make the parade, pop's 87 and all I wanted to do was honor him but it paid off as a spectator when someone marching in the parade spotted him made their way over to him shook his hand and said "Thank you" and look at it this way by the end of the week I'll be able to take him for a ride so it's not so bad after all :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks