• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member here in need of some Assistance

Bloodmike

Hello all,
I would like to introduce myself, my name is Mike and I am a new bobbed deuce owner. I enjoy this forum very much, it's full of tons of useful knowledge. I one thing I can't seem to find is a mechanic in my area. I'm outside of Philadelphia, and I would like to take my truck to a reputable diesel repair shop to give it a once over. Is there anyone here that knows of anyone outside of the Philly area that can vouch for anyone. Mike

Triple C

Can't help you Mike, I am in the KC area but welcome to the site. I am sure someone will help out, might take a day or so for the right person to see your post.

jw4x4

Mike- welcome to the site. Instead of taking your truck to a mechanic shop, perhaps you can become familiar with some other people with similar military truck interests. Reading the TM's and other info available on this site is one of the best ways to get comfortable with your truck. Never stop learning- the rewards of knowledge/experience are truly priceless.

3rdaavbn

Wecome Mike! How handy are you Mechanically? As trucks go, these are very simple to work on, at least compared to modern diesels. The TMs really are good to know, and very helpful. They are all available here for download.
Just remember the first 28 pages or so of each manual are awaste of space, typical military redundancy. Good luck, nice to have you here.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Mike,
Follow the above advise; get the manuals, good set of tools, and learn your truck. Almost anything can be repaired by the operator. Save the visit to the deisel shop for the BIG stuff. Welcome to the site. Lots of good info from a bunch of good guys.
JC

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EasternSurplus.net

Their ad is also on the left side of the main SS page.

Welcome aboard.

215Dave

Grows Truck Service. They are very reputable, be around for years. 215- 322-9320
563 Street Rd. Southampton, PA 18966
Good guys and they are familiar with working on Dueces

Hope I've helped

Dave

Bloodmike

Thanks to all for the good advice, I have a working knowledge of motor vehicles. My thoughts behind this decision was to get a professional opinion before I start tinkering myself, just so I know what I got myself into. The former owner swore by its reliablility,I see a lot of tech manual reading in my future.

steelandcanvas

Good idea. If taking it to a mechanic first will make you feel more comfortable with your vehicle, then do it. It's nice to see your willingness to study up on your TMs, welcome to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks