• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member - I'm in it for the long haul - My BAe 2009 - M1093A1

StratoCrewzr

I bought as is. They've already done more than I expected and continue to offer me even more so I definitely wouldn't want to disparage them whatsoever as they've been tremendous thus far. Ideally I should have trucked it home and had it thoroughly inspected. I however insisted to drive it home so I become well introduced by the time I got it back. I definitely learned plenty. From the solid appreciation most folks have for this sort of vehicle as I plug away in the right lane to those who empty out a McDonald's just to see it in the parking lot. It's a special thing to own one of these trucks and plenty of wonderful midwesterners were there eager to help.

The guys at MME have been solid from day one. I paid a premium and believe I've received a premium truck and premium service and care behind it. I could have done things probably better than jumping in and hammering 800 miles out at 55mph. MME has offered me much assistance since and continues to do so. I'll gladly do business with them and send my friends to them. This is an incredibly small community after all and we need to lookout for one another. MME left me with the impression that they feel exactly the same way.

Third From Texas

Wow, tough crowd.
I'm not sure what MME service includes, if anything but I doubt it's a full rebuild on the axles, not for $30k. It says right on their website, very clearly, no warranty. I'm glad to hear the MME guys are helping, they've always offered top notch service & parts for me.
For a full rebuild, expect to pay more than MME - check out Acela or Excap.
Unit has been checked over by our shop and is fully operational

And yet the new owner noticed it in his pre-flight?

I get that some flippers don't replace fluids but at least give it a look when they top them off?

ymmv

StratoCrewzr

Stratocrewzer,
Where was the shavings located, in the spider/planetary, or the axle chunk-

i can get you a free axle chunk if yours is destroyed.
Your cost to ship, or pick up free.
Hasn't been cracked open yet. Having to wait until Monday for that. Incredibly generous offer. I'm confident after talking with others much more knowledgeable about these things than myself and speculation is simply Differential Bearings are the shavings you see. Axle should be fine. Either way a very generous off on your part and one that makes me feel like I'm among an incredible group of people I can't wait to buy a cold one for when several of us are sitting fire side some day.

StratoCrewzr

Not sure if I'm ever going to go high speed in this but almost want to just to meet this Bryce everyone is talking about. Nice to hear he offers to come to us. Might have to jump on it before he changes his mind. There are soo many great Youtubers out there providing insight. Hope to meet them all one day. Is Bryce one of them by chance? Either way, it's nice to know I'm not the only limited income FMTV owner. This is a cool community for sure.

On a side note, how does the general public feel about Turbo Blankets on these? Several dyno videos show they do provide HP and longevity improvement. Any good recommendations if you like them?

Finally, can someone provide me with a definitive answer as to whether my C7 has a "HEUI SYSTEM" in it or not? I thought these were exempt of unicorn smoke inhibitors and all things pixy dust. Had a Duramax and hated that DEF system.

Last edited:

StratoCrewzr

Just thought of this as a project I'm working on. I'm currently working on a Go Bag of tools and parts to make sure is loaded onboard with every trip. I'll try to comprise a list of all tool types and sizes most likely needed away from home and some of the more common likely to fail parts. And of course Gorilla tape goes in there, gloves, etc.

Then I'll slowly build a list of what is essential and highly desired to have back at the MX base to conduct common and heavy maintenance.

Of course, if anyone has anything they would like to comfortably share that might save days or even years of effort I'll buy the cold ones when I meet you. I imagine I'll be a regular at Harbor Freight again. It's been awhile but looking forward to it. Now, do they have a stock it might be wise to invest in? Hmm.

Found it. Looks like good timing. https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/hrbr

StratoCrewzr

Still here. Haven't left. Just shifted my plans over since acquiring this unicorn. Feeling beyond blessed to be entrusted to take care of her. She will be greatly appreciated and shared with those who love these machines. As a big supporter of our vets, I'm looking forward to preserving this history and introducing as many as I can to this wonderful truck.

When I first starting looking at LMTV's, this is of course was the dream. Obviously very rare. I never imagined I'd see one yet alone be able to own one. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my years caring and preserving this incredible truck for future generations. I'll modify it enough to make it mine and then hopefully my kids will share it with their little ones someday.

I Just spent the weekend with it and she is super clean. A 2007 M1087A1 with less than 800 miles. The seller pretty much confirmed it unlikely never have had seen service. Just a parking lot and field. After a thorough front to back servicing, I'll be getting it on the road regularly. Initially just be adding a cot, chemical toilet, inverter and temporary diesel generator. Then eventually solar, shower/sink and the extra comforts to make it that place I'll never want to leave.

Stay tuned for this M1087's evolution into a home on wheels.

IMG_20211109_184442.jpg

IMG_20211109_184448.jpg

20211130_161547.jpg

ramdough

Still here. Haven't left. Just shifted my plans over since acquiring this unicorn. Feeling beyond blessed to be entrusted to take care of her. She will be greatly appreciated and shared with those who love these machines. As a big supporter of our vets, I'm looking forward to preserving this history and introducing as many as I can to this wonderful truck.

When I first starting looking at LMTV's, this is of course was the dream. Obviously very rare. I never imagined I'd see one yet alone be able to own one. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my years caring and preserving this incredible truck for future generations. I'll modify it enough to make it mine and then hopefully my kids will share it with their little ones someday.

I Just spent the weekend with it and she is super clean. A 2007 M1087A1 with less than 800 miles. The seller pretty much confirmed it unlikely never have had seen service. Just a parking lot and field. After a thorough front to back servicing, I'll be getting it on the road regularly. Initially just be adding a cot, chemical toilet, inverter and temporary diesel generator. Then eventually solar, shower/sink and the extra comforts to make it that place I'll never want to leave.

Stay tuned for this M1087's evolution into a home on wheels.

View attachment 852167

View attachment 852168

View attachment 852169
Do you mind taking some pictures of how the box is mounted to the frame?

Very envious. That would be a great truck to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

I learned something new today. Looking at those pics, I realized that the rear "deck" is not the "swing down into position" setup I thought it was. I knew the support arms swing out, but I see now that the deck is stowed on the back (not cranked up into place via cable., etc). It dawned on me that it's likely no heavier than the ladder and that's actually pretty doable for me.

My original design was for a side entrance/deck. But I've scrapped that idea now as I'm not getting any younger and my build needs to get going with my existing budget. So I'm settling for a read deck and entry.

If you get back to this thread, would you mind taking some pics of the support arms and how the deck is stowed when in transit?

Ronmar

It looks like the front edge of the deck is attached to sliders in those vertical tracks. Once you get the supports out you pull the bottom/rear out and the front slides down the tracks…. I would think you would still want something to lift/lower it though…

Third From Texas

It looks like the front edge of the deck is attached to sliders in those vertical tracks. Once you get the supports out you pull the bottom/rear out and the front slides down the tracks…. I would think you would still want something to lift/lower it though…
Yeah, I think you're correct. I noticed two box channels. Same as the M1079 ladder stowage but shorter and further apart.

I'm kinda fuzzy on how you would get under it to push the deck up (I guess you'd have to get under it by the doors and push). But yeah, instead of a "drawbridge" system to raise/lower you really just pull straight up the outside of the door.

Ronmar

Yeah, I think you're correct. I noticed two box channels. Same as the M1079 ladder stowage but shorter and further apart.

I'm kinda fuzzy on how you would get under it to push the deck up (I guess you'd have to get under it by the doors and push). But yeah, instead of a "drawbridge" system to raise/lower you really just pull straight up the outside of the door.
I think I would rather have the drawbridge. Unless there is some lift mechanism we cant see this looks like it will take at least 2 people to raise and lower…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks