• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Baltimore MD

WatchDawg

Hello all,

Wanted to post a greeting signing up for this site, as everyone points back to this site for the most active, and helpful members.

About me:
Veteran of USAF, Served in the desert for over 500 days. Been out for a few years now, and looking forward to owning my first M1009 CUCV. Right now shopping around, for the perfect one. I Live and work in a city, and have had no need for a car. What I want though, is a hard driving vehicle that can get me out of the city as a bug out vehcile. One that can take me out camping, I try to bug out from the city once and awhile, and get back to the quiet of nature and fall back on my survival training.

I have a degree in electrical engineering, I make a lot of project's and would love the idea of a vehicle that has no electronics, and I can fix and make my own, and one that I can own for a long time to come.

What I hope to gain on this site.
Information, support, and project ideas for my vehicle, I am hoping to get a M1009 Blazer, or M1010 Maintenance truck. Currently have my eye on one or two (No. 1313 just rocks).

joshuak

Welcome from across the bay.

My unsolicited 2cents, you could probably get more bang for your buck, price seems a bit steep. Try here on SS in the classifieds, CL, Search Tempest, etc.

Good luck in your search, thank you for your service.

tommys2patrick

Howdy and welcome from Colorado. I like a well equipped Maint veh. Compressor , welder, genny etc. every now and then you see a 4 door dually PU. could tow some toys with those. For just a plain BOV the Blazer would be nice. Best of luck finding what suits you. Thanks for your time in the big sand box.

WatchDawg

So to the guys in Maryland, do you guys know if the Baltimore Bio-Diesel Co-Op is still a thing? Google says it's closed (they used to have a pump in the city

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome Watchdawg from Cape Cod, MA. Spent a lot of time in Curtis Bay at the USCG ship yard just outside of Baltimore many moons ago. Good luck on your search and thanks for your service:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks