• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Central Ohio

CTP

Hello, I am new to this forum. I've been dealing with GL for several years and have gotten numerous vehicles and components. Recently I drove a Landoll TM1800 from Youngstown to Columbus. This is an airport de-icing truck. Have not seen one on here. Pretty impressive vehicle though. Anyway I have tried posting it to classifieds but have not seen it show up yet. I like this site. Very cool stuff and am glad to be here!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Cambridge Ohio. I'm not 100% but I think you need to have a post count of at least 5 to post in the classifieds...I could be wrong though, I usually am.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck. I was looking for a bucket truck/boom lift and saw those. Ended up with a boom lift. What kind of road speed does it have?

CTP

Thanks. I should have joined this Forum earlier. Great to know you people are nearby. The truck has a Detroit 8.2 v8. These are known for their lack of top end power . GVW is 35K with empty wt at around 24K. It was built for the airstrip and the gearing in the diff limits it's top speed. Although it has a two speed Dana Diff, it has been blocked into the higher (lower speed) gear. This puts top speed at around 35 - 45 with a hill and/ or tail wind. The diff can be unblocked to bring top speed up 25% fairly easily or swapped out for higher speeds. I don't know that I will go either of these routes. Kind of uncertain what I will do with it actually! Just currently having fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks