• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Colorado

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello gents, won this 1983 M35A2C and cant wait to get it home, I'm reading all about the duece on this forum and find its a great source of information. My first MV is a M1008 and I love it. I am officialy hooked on green :driver:

10621396.jpg10621397.jpg10621398.jpgce2e_1.jpg

looking for a full set of seats, rails and a canvas cover for the rig,

BobM

Hello gents, won this 1983 M35A2C and cant wait to get it home, I'm reading all about the duece on this forum and find its a great source of information. My first MV is a M1008 and I love it. I am officialy hooked on green :driver:

looking for a full set of seats, rails and a canvas cover for the rig,

I wonder if that is my future? I also started with a M1008.:grin:
I hope you have as much fun here as i do! Welcome from an almost newbie!

steelandcanvas

Welcome, 101coolcars! Nice to see the bug is still biting newbies in Colorado! Denver has a club you might be interested in, the MVCC. We meet in Sedalia the first Friday of every month. I see you're from Franktown, we'll be meeting at the Franktown Conoco about 0630 and leaving to convoy to the Parade in Colorado Springs about 0700. Come along with the 1008 or hitch a ride!

Jonathan

scooter01922

wow man, nice truck. Looks like a really great example of a late model dropside and i'm sure you will be thrilled with it :)....not much longer till you feel the need for another one to keep it company:-D

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well.....I told my wife it would be cheaper to buy another m35 to get the winch off of instead of buying all the parts seperately so I basically "saved" some money when i got the second duece...... I think I'll use the money we saved from not having to buy a winch, and use it to get the corgo cover set up, and arent LED lights realy safer? I mean for the Kids and all?....better get those too.

Attachments

m376x6

Well.....I told my wife it would be cheaper to buy another m35 to get the winch off of instead of buying all the parts seperately so I basically "saved" some money when i got the second duece...... I think I'll use the money we saved from not having to buy a winch, and use it to get the corgo cover set up, and arent LED lights realy safer? I mean for the Kids and all?....better get those too.
Last Spring I converted the 6X6 to 12 volts. Because the wiring is 14 gauge I was concerned about excessive current at various points. I know you won't be changing your Deuce over but I found a super source for relatinvely inexpensive LED lighting on eBay. So far not one hiccup. Military issue LED setups are very expensive. Many of the LED steups available include 24
(28 volt actual) capable bulbs. A flasher designed to handle LED lamps is required. There are two types of flasher control handles out there in respect to how the internal indicator lamp is wired. When you decide to try it give me a shout if you feel you might need some help or pointers. I'm up near Idaho Springs.

Regards,
M376X6

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im still researching the LED setups, seen a couple of lamps on fleabay, I like the way the miltarly lamps "look" also checking out the fancy headlamp switch members are discussing here. where about do you live in colorado? Your rig looks great by the way.

colomil

My m1009 has a 4" lift and 3/4 ton axles w/ 3.73 gears. It only has 285/75R16 tires on it now but I plan to put 37" HMMWV wheels/tires on it when I get some better gears. I am not sure what the mileage will be as I don't have plates on it yet. These never had winches as far as I know. This was the nicest truck I have have ever got from Ft Carson! If you take a look at www.gsaxcess.gov you can see what will be coming to Ft Carson/Govliquidation in the near future. I see a bunch of M1009s from the national guard showing up lately.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
1100 for the entire winch , every part you would need , and new cable from Ranchers Supply in Lamar- Jay

Mcmullag and myself installed one a few months back in Colo Springs

migz

I just moved to the area and would like some information on the licenses and registration process you CO guys use here. I just moved to Sedalia from Phoenix. Colorado sure is cold. I have two M35’s and two M105 trailers that I need to get registered. I have the SF97’s for them all but I am not sure what is the best way to register and plate them in Co. Also, if any Denver Metro area guys could give me a heads up on what I am in for on the emissions I would appreciate it. I am in the Denver Metro emissions control area.

Thanks,
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks