• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Daytona Beach FL

Deno

Hey all,
Just picked up this bobbed 1979 M35A2 in daytona beach. She is sitting on spicer axles as the previous owner sold the Rockwell running gear to finance the build. Beyond that the drive train is stock. Runs good, brakes work fine, no air leaks. Ultimate goals are to fix all minor issues, first mechanical, and then go to town with my sandblaster and my MIG welder to get her cosmetically back in shape. Long term goals are 5-ton axles, Lift, MRAP rims....

Look forward to getting to know you all....

-Deno

Attachments

Last edited:

Deno

Lots of Florida love here! Yes it's is a cut down standard bed and the wheels and axles are Spicer units from a 70's international 4x4 water truck, I have the VIN number from the original truck so I can get brake shoes, I will run the VIN number when I get a chance and hopefully that will help determine exactly what they are. It set up as a Dually rear which is kind of different for a bobber, the ultimate goal is to put 5 ton axles under it, lift it and do mwrap Wheels, are there any Florida Military Vehicle meets?

Thanks again!
-Deno

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Welcome. Will be in Holly Hill for ten days at the end of the month. Do you drive the truck? If so I may see you and snap a pic for the MV spotted thread! We head over to the beach almost every day, but I bet the surf fishing may be an issue this soon after Matthew ripped through. I hope you fared well from all of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks